Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vert owners, manual top conversion question!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vert owners, manual top conversion question!!!

The new latches are mounted and functional, as are the Bowden (tonneau release) cables. Attaching the cables to the release handle is where I'm hung up. Theres a small hole in the back of the handle that is the same size as the cable end, but no way to secure even one cable, much less mount and secure both. I've been going through parts diagrams and searching for the appropriate part, but thus far I'm a little f'd.do any of you have any clue what part I need to complete the conversion? Maybe even a pic of how your release handle is attached to the cable, that would be awesome. I'm getting ready to just zip tie the little bastards on.

2 plastic caps

Comment

That's what the parts book says, they're the same part number as a license plate bolt cover, but there's no way I can see that those will attach the cables.

Comment

if i remember correctly.. the cables slide into the bar. the bar ends up like -| one cable goes in the top and the other goes in the bottom.. those plastic caps "hold" the cables into the bar.
        now, when you actuate (move) the handle, both cables will pull or move the same amount.

Comment

Working...
        X