Hardtop Rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardtop Rails

Does anyone know if the metal rails that run the length of the hardtop are removal? The ones on mine are faded pretty badly and I would like to remove them in order to paint them. I could mask off the vinyl sections but it would just be easier to take them off. I took the four bolts out of one side and tried to gently pry it up without any luck. I didn't want to put too much pressure on it without knowing whether or not it was actually supposed to come up. All help is appreciated.

Part #11 should be able top come off, maybe they slide forward due to # 12 ...

Comment

This guy painted his hardtop during his build and talks a little bit about removing and refitting the rails. Looks to me like there may be more to it than just pulling the rail loose.

Comment

IF they are hard to find, I would do a good tape job and leave them on the car for paint.

Comment

Ended up leaving them on the car and taping the rest off. Tried to get them off and it was just going to be too much a pain. It all turned out pretty good though.

Comment

Working...
          X