Check Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check Panel

How does the active check control panel get locked into the upper windshield trim piece? My 91 Vert has a bunch of tape around it and it is just shoved into the panel so it falls out frequently. If it is a clip, can it be ordered or do I need to buy and entire upper windshield trim piece?

Thanks for you help.

Check Panel

It should be, as in my 88 vert, two clips on each end of the check panel itself that clip it into the sides of the upper windshield trim. Now if those are missing, or the edges of the windshield trim or worn, then it won't hold as securely.

Attached are pictures of the check panels, and you can see the little barbed clips on the edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you - I see those clips on my unit, but there is nothing they seem to clip into. The trim is too wide for a tight fit with the check unit. Hence the previous owner use of tape to make the check unit bigger. Is there an associated metal clip on the windshield header trim?

Comment

Originally posted by Code808 View Post
        Thank you - I see those clips on my unit, but there is nothing they seem to clip into. The trim is too wide for a tight fit with the check unit. Hence the previous owner use of tape to make the check unit bigger. Is there an associated metal clip on the windshield header trim?
        There are metal tabs that hold it, up inside the hole it fits into. These have most likely fallen out. I had to reglue mine in.
        - Greg
        α Team Founding Member
        1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
        2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

Working...
        X