Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Relocation on '92 Vert

Hey guys-

I'm in the middle of a s52 swap and wanted to get the battery relocated to the trunk. Found an e30 positive cable and all the required distribution stuff found under the hood.

However, I'm having one hell of a time getting the cable ran to the trunk. Typically on non-vert cars, you run the cable along that support pipe behind the passenger seat- however- for the life of me I can't get it to fit! The hole that comes out of the trunk for the battery is too small. I tried to fish it through with a hanger- but still couldn't get the sucker through. I also tried to drill a hole in the back separator behind the seat and trunk...however the length is now too short.

Any ideas or tricks?
    555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
    '95 BMW e34 525i
    '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
    '92 Range Rover Classic
    '90 Range Rover Classic
    '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
    '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
    '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
    '67 Pontiac LeMans
    '24 Model T Depot Hack
    ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Note for future vert guys moving the battery to the rear. Since the stock 325i cable is a few inches too short- make sure that when you do add another few inches to the cable- to buy a 2/0 butt splice (crimp connector) since 1/0 is too small (the cable itself is somewhere between 1/0 and 2/0 but not an exact standard gauge)

I'm using the stock 325i cable from the front, put the 2/0 splice near the door frame and continued back with a e36 m3 cable I had from a partout to the trunk (they turned out to be the same measurements, both length and inner/outer diameter)
    555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
    '95 BMW e34 525i
    '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
    '92 Range Rover Classic
    '90 Range Rover Classic
    '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
    '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
    '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
    '67 Pontiac LeMans
    '24 Model T Depot Hack
    ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

Working...
    X