Front Quarter Window Seal/Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Quarter Window Seal/Trim

Anyone know how to remove the rubber seal that wraps the front quarter windows? Here's a photo of what I'm talking about:

(imgur link in case it doesn't show up: https://imgur.com/a/u6yHz)

My seals on these front quarter windows are pretty dry and I'd like to replace them, but I'm just not sure how they're removed/installed. Anyone tackled this before?

I figured how to get these out! There's a metal strip (51321922760) held by a single screw (located just below the corner window). Remove the metal strip and then you just push the entire corner window & seal down into the door.

I heated up with window seal in question to help loosen it. It didn't seem glued, just held in with friction. Once the window & seal where down in the door, I was able to remove the seal from the window. To get the window out of the door, I had to slide it back towards the main rectangular window. Then I was able to push the small corner window up the same opening of the rectangular window.

I didn't need to remove the main rectangular window to accomplish this.

I think installation will be the reverse, but I'll report back on how it goes. I just ordered the new seals this morning.

Comment

Working...
    X