Question about rear seatbelts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about rear seatbelts

Happy Easter everyone, I have a quick question for the convertible experts. I just picked up my 92 recently and I’m working on maintaince to get it back to its former glory. My question is about the rear seatbelts, are they able to safety lock. Such as for car seats. Where the lock when you pull them all the way out and only release when they’ve been sucked most of the way in. I know one of mine needs to be replaced, but I’m curios if that’s normal for the other one as well. I would appreciate any feed back you guys have! TYVM!

Unfortunately no safety lock when fully extended. It will work if you have the child seats that clamp or lock the seat belt in place on the child seat side. The clamp or lock keeps tension on the lap belt portion of the seatbelt so the child seat won’t move. If done correctly, lap belt stays tight even if the shoulder side of the retractor can be pulled/loosened. Any fire station will be happy to show you how to correctly install the child seat with our type of seatbelt at no charge. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you e30 Ian, you put my mind at rest. I’ll order the one seat belt I need. Thank you again I appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
      X