Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arcpolo
    replied
    They are on my vert now. Perfect wheels IMO.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wZwcsDb.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	9963167

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by MFresh2089 View Post

hey, what size tires/wheels are you running? Looks nice.
    When I had those wheels they were 16x8 225s

Leave a comment:

• MFresh2089
    replied
    Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    The front springs are the same on the coupe and Cabrio, the rear springs are different. My car is heavier in the rear after my swap (heavier e36 M3 exhaust, bigger battery, sub, full size heavier 16" spare etc) and it was rubbing with my 225's in the rear with the coupe H&R rears when I had harder acceleration. I switched the rear to the Cabrio and it raised my rear just enough that I am now getting the rubbing and I have a slight rake that I wanted.

Before with Coupe rear

After with Cabrio rear

hey, what size tires/wheels are you running? Looks nice.

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    Originally posted by arcpolo View Post
    H/R sports convertible specific springs, Koni SA

Name:	yTvi2iB.jpg
Views:	1100
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	9954677
    Thats what Im riding on and its perfect IMO. Hopefully your fronts are for a sedan so you can adjust them from the top

Leave a comment:

• arcpolo
    replied
    H/R sports convertible specific springs, Koni SA

Name:	yTvi2iB.jpg
Views:	1100
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	9954677

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    The front springs are the same on the coupe and Cabrio, the rear springs are different. My car is heavier in the rear after my swap (heavier e36 M3 exhaust, bigger battery, sub, full size heavier 16" spare etc) and it was rubbing with my 225's in the rear with the coupe H&R rears when I had harder acceleration. I switched the rear to the Cabrio and it raised my rear just enough that I am now getting the rubbing and I have a slight rake that I wanted.

Before with Coupe rear

After with Cabrio rear

Leave a comment:

• PDXPeter
    replied
    My PO had non-cabrio springs on the rear of my car and it was really terrifying to drive on the highway. Rear end was floaty and bouncy.

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    Originally posted by funcrew View Post
    Slightly off topic. I installed the H&R OE sports (the tall ones) with KYBs on my cabrio. Even with the battery moved to the trunk, it still maintains a pretty nice nose-down stance. That could be partially due to worn subframe bushings though.
    If your subframe bushings we're far enough gone to effect stance, I suspect it would be undrivable

Leave a comment:

• funcrew
    replied
    Slightly off topic. I installed the H&R OE sports (the tall ones) with KYBs on my cabrio. Even with the battery moved to the trunk, it still maintains a pretty nice nose-down stance. That could be partially due to worn subframe bushings though.

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    I used H&R convertible specific OE Sport springs. Verts are heavier.
    Last edited by bradnic; 08-04-2019, 11:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• stc4life
    replied
    I just did the cabrio springs, but now have more rake than I would like. I'm thinking about getting thinner spring pads - anyone else done that?

Leave a comment:

• Das Delfin
    replied
    ^ I always thought it was because they either didn't know the cabrio springs exist, or they just wanted to be low

Leave a comment:

• spyder918
    replied
    Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
    That and/or they think it makes no difference but fact of the matter is Eibach/H&R, etc. have different part numbers for E30 springs based on model for a specific reason. On the convertible with the added weight in the rear, it bottoms out regularly with standard lowering springs. With race springs the stance is even lower but at least the spring rates are much higher. I'm actually in the market for a set of H&R cabrio springs for mine.
    That's what I was thinking too. Not sure why so many do this.

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    Originally posted by berndt View Post
    I did the cabrio springs a few months back. No complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Add me to that list...plus Koni SAs

Leave a comment:

• berndt
    replied
    I did the cabrio springs a few months back. No complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X