Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just ordered Bilsteins and eibach pro kit with RS mounts from shox.com, they did 699 shipped, but then it was $30 extra for the RS mounts. He said the springs were specific for the cabrio and they have a lower drop than the H&R. I will post up before after pics when done. I also have race skids X brace on the way. I will top off with upper strut brace when done.

Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
      More pics of passenger seat.

;)

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
      Thanks, I always admire your car. Everything looks perfect. Did you get a chance to compare how much height difference - with and w/out pads? Is it really .5 inches from what I've read? Thanks.
      Yeah, it's like 12mm total, so around half an inch. Doesn't sound like that much, but aesthetically it makes a difference.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
      MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
      | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
        Thanks, I always admire your car. Everything looks perfect. Did you get a chance to compare how much height difference - with and w/out pads? Is it really .5 inches from what I've read? Thanks.
        Do you mean front or back for the .5in? I measured mine with them out and then in and the front was .6in. I left the backs alone and like the look. I will post pics when I get it back together from painting. I should have it done in about a week.
        BTW mine made a kind of thumping sound with the pads out. Running Bilstien sport shocks, H&R sport (cabrio spec) springs and IE adj. camber plates.
        sigpic
        "But the way it deals with bumps and heaves makes you think the shocks are filled with unicorn farts and pixie tears."

Comment

Originally posted by VacMan View Post

;)
          That's hot. Nice lumbar support. Who makes that, Recaro?

Comment

Originally posted by Aerton View Post
            "My cab is running factory cabrio mtech springs (-20mm) and stock shocks."

Boomer and Julien suggested I use the M-Tech cabrio specific springs, that sounds like a great idea to me, and I would imagine I can run Bilstein HD's if they are running stock shocks. Now where do I get new M-tech springs, on real oem.com the springs for my 325I list for 3
            $300 each never mind M-tech. Does H&R make M-tec cabrio spring replacements??? Anyone here running these????

Hey guys,
            I recently purchased an Mtech vert (white/white/white) and am looking into suspension. My car is just the appearance package (no mtech seat inserts but the full, original kit,etc...)

Does anyone know if I have different springs than stock verts? The car appears lower but I have not taken them out to measure, etc... If they are different, are they just lower (-20mm as suggested above which would make sense)? Are the spring rates different? Do they compare to anything aftermarket or are they similar to e30 M3 in drop and stiffness?

Should I just thrown on some Billy Sports and be done with it?

Thanks!
            Mtech2 Vert Project in Effect!
            Priapism Racing e30 (Evil Knievel/Golden Girls/Friday (420)/Darth Vader still going...

Comment

Originally posted by Kato View Post
              Hey guys,
              Should I just thrown on some Billy Sports and be done with it?
              Thanks!
              This is what you want and springs. If you appearance pkg is only that. No suspension mods...out of the box anyway. UNLESS, maybe it was ordered that way. My white has Eibachs and my glacier has H&rs.

COTM

Comment

White looks great, so does glacier. How stiff are the two of them? Vert specific springs on both? Which do you prefer?
                Mtech2 Vert Project in Effect!
                Priapism Racing e30 (Evil Knievel/Golden Girls/Friday (420)/Darth Vader still going...

Comment

Man, I could get slapped for this, but I just don't like the M-tech that much. It looks kinda like *too* facelifted, like a 320is is hiding under a zender body kit or something.

No doubt you have two sick cars though bro.

Comment

Also, I'll ask the questions he didn't think to. Are you running drop hats and did you keep the spring pads?

I'm gonna post up this afternoon. I just have to put the fronts on, rears already done.

Eibach 'vert springs, billy sports, one rear spring pad removed, both front pads removed, e90 drop hats.

Comment

Here is my car lowered on eibach cabby sports, billy sports, top spring pad removed on rear, both spring pads removed on front, e90 drop hats.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kato View Post
                        White looks great, so does glacier. How stiff are the two of them? Vert specific springs on both? Which do you prefer?
                        I find that the H&Rs to be a bit softer...which is odd because I usually read that they were the firmer than the 2.

Originally posted by bryant.cw View Post
                        Also, I'll ask the questions he didn't think to. Are you running drop hats and did you keep the spring pads?

I'm gonna post up this afternoon. I just have to put the fronts on, rears already done.

Eibach 'vert springs, billy sports, one rear spring pad removed, both front pads removed, e90 drop hats.
                        No drop hats...even though I have some 15mm drop hats waiting to go on. Just last week I put some H&R coupe sports with pads in the rear and its a near perfect stance. No pix yet.

MT2 are just another flavor of an e30. Banning you is not nessesary. I personally like them alot and its hard for me to even think that this one is going to be for sale soon. Its just something about the Glacier that has me hooked!

You do have a nice stance but I would think that your overall ride would be lower. Maybe its your 14"ers. It may need to settle if its a new suspension.

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by bryant.cw View Post
                          Man, I could get slapped for this, but I just don't like the M-tech that much. It looks kinda like *too* facelifted, like a 320is is hiding under a zender body kit or something.

No doubt you have two sick cars though bro.
                          Wahhhhhh!!! Sweet ass mtech me wants bad :hitler:
                          jag

Comment

vogtland springs/ kyb struts (early model coupe... off my 85 325e)

rubbin, scrapping, draggin... loving it the whole time :)

Comment

bbs rs 16x7 et24, h&R ssr coilovers, bilst, k-mac c/c plates, adjst t/a busings.

Comment

Do want your skirts! ^
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X