Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to lift up my vert from the JOMs.

Looking to do something family friendly, not worry of scraping the pan.

I am not race car.
    Nor do I want stock gap.

Would the HR vert springs and billy's do the trick?
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
      I need to lift up my vert from the JOMs.

Looking to do something family friendly, not worry of scraping the pan.

I am not race car.
      Nor do I want stock gap.

Would the HR vert springs and billy's do the trick?
      Dude...

Did you actually read this thread before posting? The reason that I ask is that there are 2 full photo sets of that exact setup within the last 2 pages.

Those are just MY posts...before those there are dozens more with the same setup. Only you can decide if that look is what you want. The gap is much lower than stock and not as low as H&R Race or very low coilovers.
      Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
        Dude...

Did you actually read this thread before posting? The reason that I ask is that there are 2 full photo sets of that exact setup within the last 2 pages.

Those are just MY posts...before those there are dozens more with the same setup. Only you can decide if that look is what you want. The gap is much lower than stock and not as low as H&R Race or very low coilovers.
        You sure put a lot of time into responding.

My question is something not answered by pictures....

Comment

You sure put a lot of time into responding.

My question is something not answered by pictures....
          Actually, it is. Well, pictures and intelligence.

Convertible H&R Sports and Bilsteins will not make you (or your car) a racecar.

They are lower than stock. Pictures show this.

They are not as low as H&R Race. Pictures show this.

If your family is heavy you might scrape the pan. On your shitty D.C. streets you might scrape the pan with just a driver in the car. It depends on where in and around D.C. you drive.

All of your questions were answered in my post. Unless you suck at asking questions, in which case you need to be more specific.
          Patrick Henry

Comment

You really go out of your way to be a cocksucker.

Comment

Dude- WTF is your problem? You asked a series of questions where the answers are common knowledge but I answered them anyway. Then you said that the answers are not provided by pictures (they are), but I repeated again the answers to your questions.

In the end, we can't tell you how YOU will feel about suspension on YOUR car. I gave you my best guess based on my experience on that setup amd my time driving on D.C./DMV roads...and you insult me.

Go buy a Honda.
              Patrick Henry

Comment

You are daft
                '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
                Is that thing on air?

Comment

Why not keep you JOM's adjusters/shocks and use correct eight and rate springs from from GC or H&R, so simple
                  Find correct rate for 318 on spring master list http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40472 or close to it, buy them separately as not available as kit anymore.

while you at it buy camber/caster plates so it all works the correct way.

triple rate baby.

Last edited by fporro; 04-20-2015, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
                    Dude- WTF is your problem? You asked a series of questions where the answers are common knowledge but I answered them anyway. Then you said that the answers are not provided by pictures (they are), but I repeated again the answers to your questions.

In the end, we can't tell you how YOU will feel about suspension on YOUR car. I gave you my best guess based on my experience on that setup amd my time driving on D.C./DMV roads...and you insult me.

Go buy a Honda.
                    You make it feel like a Honda forum.

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
                      why not keep you JOM's adjusters/shocks and use correct eight and rate springs from from GC or H&R, so simple.

triple rate bay.

Thank you. I will have to look into that more. Ordered HR sports and Koni Oranges.

Looks like part of the fix will be suspension. The other getting the apron of the driveway reworked.

Comment

I am running raceland for the price and look on my DD for about 2 years now, and I started looking into HPDE courses from BMWCCA. I wonder if the following setup is overkill ( I want to join HPDE but keep the car streetable):
                        1) Koni SA
                        2) H&R Race
                        3) Subframe with camber/toe kit

Thanks for your input/advise.

Matthew
                        Current:
                        '88 325ic Silver 5sp
                        '17 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Past:
                        '14 Rav4 EV (with tons of torque!)
                        '06 325i Black 5sp
                        '02 S4 Avant Black 6sp
                        '00 Boxster Silver 5sp
                        '98 New Bettle Yellow 5sp

Comment

Originally posted by mazzo View Post
                          I am running raceland for the price and look on my DD for about 2 years now, and I started looking into HPDE courses from BMWCCA. I wonder if the following setup is overkill ( I want to join HPDE but keep the car streetable):
                          1) Koni SA
                          2) H&R Race
                          3) Subframe with camber/toe kit

Thanks for your input/advise.

Matthew
                          You might want to check the rules/regulations on HPDE events as they pertain to convertibles. Most sanctioning bodies require rollover protection for convertibles. Check that before future investments.
                          Patrick Henry

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
                            Why not keep you JOM's adjusters/shocks and use correct eight and rate springs from from GC or H&R, so simple
                            Find correct rate for 318 on spring master list http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40472 or close to it, buy them separately as not available as kit anymore.

triple rate baby.

This is an interesting concept and one that I am interested in. I currently am on JOM coilovers, set pretty low, with no adjuster or rear spring pad and the ride is extremely harsh, always bottoming out. I am thinking about swapping to H&R sports and bilsteins with e90 drophats to get a softer ride with a conservative drop but this would be a cheap experiment.

Can you confirm if H&R sports will sit properly on the JOM front strut housings and adjusters? Obviously these are not matched for each other and my gut feeling is the shocks are the real reason why I am currently crashing over every crack in the road.
                            - Frank
                            '87 325ic M-Tech 1 For Sale!
                            http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=407503
                            Build Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229347

Comment

Originally posted by achtunge30 View Post
                              Can you confirm if H&R sports will sit properly on the JOM front strut housings and adjusters?
                              That will not work. Coilover springs are a different diameter than "traditional" springs.
                              Patrick Henry

Comment

Another tire & wheel size for those doing research. 15x8 ET20 Rota Grid Concave Full Royal Silver with 205/55/15 Kumho Ecsta 4xII tires on H&R Sport (convertible) springs, 15mm drop hats, Bilstein Sport struts/shocks.

Outside, before settling:

And after:

This is the 4th different wheel/tire combo on the same setup so if you scroll back you get a sense for how tire size and wheel specs impacts the overall appearance.
                                Patrick Henry

Comment

Working...
                                X