Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weismann removable hard top

How much is too much to pay?
    I haven't seen one come up for sale and I have a chance at one for about $3000
    I am in NH and it is in Germany so I must rely on pictures.
    How much is too much?

jesus! 3k? you must really want one badly to consider that kind of price in addition to international shipping. you should be able to find one here in the usa for under 2 grand. i've had mine for...oh, i don't know...maybe 6 years. i paid 3k but it included at no charge a really nice 89 cabby with 88,000 miles and a new engine.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I couldn't find much info on the Weismann hard top. Is it the same as the OE version? If so, there are 4 OE E30 hard tops for sale in my area. 2 are attached to cars. I can send you the links if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
        I couldn't find much info on the Weismann hard top. Is it the same as the OE version? If so, there are 4 OE E30 hard tops for sale in my area. 2 are attached to cars. I can send you the links if you are interested.
        Where is your area? Most I have seen on eBay have a note "local pick up only"

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
          jesus! 3k? you must really want one badly to consider that kind of price in addition to international shipping. you should be able to find one here in the usa for under 2 grand. i've had mine for...oh, i don't know...maybe 6 years. i paid 3k but it included at no charge a really nice 89 cabby with 88,000 miles and a new engine.
          Sorry, I was not clear. After more research it will be closer to $2500 USD INCLUDING the shipping from Germany.
          Also, Google Weismann e30 hardtop. They are color coded to the car. Although used, the one in Germany is Alpine White.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post

Where is your area? Most I have seen on eBay have a note "local pick up only"
            Washington DC area. They are all on FB marketplace. Not the color matched version, just the regular version.

Comment

Sorry, I was not clear. After more research it will be closer to $2500 USD INCLUDING the shipping from Germany. Also, Google Weismann e30 hardtop. They are color coded to the car. Although used, the one in Germany is Alpine White.
              If you absolutely can’t find a hardtop in the U.S. then why not. Hardtops in my area (California) go anywhere from $1800-3000 asking price, depending on the condition. I’ve never seen a Weismann for sale near me though. At the end of the day, they’re getting harder to find and they’re worth what people will pay

Comment

Wow, had never seen the Weismann top -- Very cool. Does the one that you are looking at have the skylight? I see some have them and some do not. That seems a little superfluous, but the tops look well built from the photos I can see. $2500 does not seem out of question for this kind of top.
                1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
                  Wow, had never seen the Weismann top -- Very cool. Does the one that you are looking at have the skylight? I see some have them and some do not. That seems a little superfluous, but the tops look well built from the photos I can see. $2500 does not seem out of question for this kind of top.
                  I found a black one in the Netherlands if you are interested

Comment

I found a black one in the Netherlands if you are interested
                    Financially it might not make sense, but surely pass it on, I'd take a look. I would want to sell my own if I picked up another hardtop. What I should really do is swap my convertible for a sedan or a coupe! So hard to find something with equal history though.
                    1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post

Financially it might not make sense, but surely pass it on, I'd take a look. I would want to sell my own if I picked up another hardtop. What I should really do is swap my convertible for a sedan or a coupe! So hard to find something with equal history though.
                      http://www.advertentiex.nl/ad-bmw-e30-cabrio-wiesmann-hardtop-diamant-zwart-285832?in=Zuid-Holland-Auto-diversen.

Comment

Comment

My cabrio with Weismann top
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	w hardtop 1.JPG
Views:	7239
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	9962317 Click image for larger version

Name:	w hardtop 2.JPG
Views:	3989
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	9962318

Comment

Congrats - that looks great! Such a unique piece and it seems to fit perfectly. Curious how the interior side is finished.

Comment

Hard to describe the material. Like sound deadening material. Soft, dark grey.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	E30 int roof.JPG
Views:	2928
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	9962409
                              Last edited by Stan; 11-28-2020, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X