Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convertible Carpet Replacement, has anyone modified the coupe carpet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convertible Carpet Replacement, has anyone modified the coupe carpet?

Looking into replacing my interior carpet. I've done the leathers on the seats myself, and it'd be nice to have a full interior refresh. You never see new convertible carpet available-- has anyone purchased the Auto Custom Carpets, Inc. cut pile or essex e30 2dr coupe variety and trimmed/modifed the rear corners to fit? It is probably very close to begin with, and looks do-able.

If not, any other, better suggestions for brand new carpet?

TIA!
    1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Not for vert but ECS has new OEM carpet in anthracite for the coupe. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloF10 View Post
      Not for vert but ECS has new OEM carpet in anthracite for the coupe. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Nice tip-- Thank you. I'm crafty and bet I could modify for slight differences if I had to.

edit: Here's a link -- $1158.15 in Anthacite only

I will likely look at other solutions at this time!
      Last edited by phillipj; 02-07-2020, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Were you able to modify the carpet to fit your vert?

Comment

Originally posted by E30eli View Post
          Were you able to modify the carpet to fit your vert?
          I did not as so many other important things came up since then. But that's the best option I can still find right now, going with the ACC coupe one and making slight modifications at the rear footwell. The "mass backing" one looks closest to what ours was OEM. 1066 Gray is closest to my color.

Have you looked into this at all?

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post

Nice tip-- Thank you. I'm crafty and bet I could modify for slight differences if I had to.

edit: Here's a link -- $1158.15 in Anthacite only

I will likely look at other solutions at this time!
            There must not be very many of these left, as the price continues to escalate by $100 a year. The rear section has been NLA in all colors for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by ghrays View Post

There must not be very many of these left, as the price continues to escalate by $100 a year. The rear section has been NLA in all colors for a long time.
              If I do it, I may just order the Gray Coupe version from Rock Auto. At $300 I can stomach it but at $1200 might be too much for car carpet projects right now given everything going on.

Comment

crazy its $1200 now

Comment

I am also looking for carpet for my 1989 convert, are there any updates on fitting the coupe version?

Comment

I never fit the coupe version, but after talking with a bunch of others, it's possible if you are slightly creative.

Comment

Any updates on this? Otherwise, I'm just gonna pull the carpet out of a parts car and dye it.

Comment

Originally posted by thrashandburnn View Post
                        Any updates on this? Otherwise, I'm just gonna pull the carpet out of a parts car and dye it.
                        Not that I can tell. "kenrk" above said he got the coupe one in the other thread on this, but said it didn't work. Asked why it wasn't possible to modify? but haven't heard back

I really feel like you could trim the rear to work, and the front is similar enough to work, but I have not pulled the trigger to try this yet.

Comment

I'd love to find a black convertible carpet to swap my beige one with...
                          1992 318i cabrio Alpinweiss 2
                          2006 ZHP cabrio Imola​

Comment

I'd love to get to the bottom of this as well.
                            I remember reading somewhere that e82 1 series floormats almost fit the e30 vert.
                            I think I even ordered some, but was unhappy with the fitment.

Comment

Following up one more time. Found a parts car local to me with Anthrazit carpet and got that, however I am still curious if anyone managed to make the coupe carpet fit the vert, and if so, what needs to be done to make it fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X