Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battery Tray Rust - What Are People Doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Tray Rust - What Are People Doing?

The battery tray in my vert is pretty rusty. I was just wondering in general what everyone was doing.

Repair and seal? Cut out and weld in a replacement?

Give me some ideas. After some body work is completed the battery tray on my '90 will be the only rust to need attention.

I hit mine pretty good with rust remover, painted it, then cut a plastic cutting board to size for the battery to sit on. One of those flimsy thin cutting boards is the kind I'm talking about. The material is easy to work with, and prevents the battery from rubbing on the tray (causing scratches and eventually rust again). Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Comment

I had to go search through my thread, and Tapatalk won't let me have the full size images, but here's what I did. I happen to get lucky freehanding that hole for the block that goes next to the battery. Hope this helps! Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Comment

I was lucky in that I had just a bit of surface rust on the base and hold down. I cleaned it up and hit it with rust encapsulator :

Comment

Thanks everyone, my body guy actually did it for me. I am glad too as it was worse than I thought.

Comment

Working...
          X