megasquirt MAP question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

megasquirt MAP question

I was curious how the internal MAP on the MS board works. Do you need an aditional MAP sensor. Do I also need a MAF? i have heard it works better if you have an additional MAP and a MAF sensor, do i need any of these or can i just use the one in the MS. I just dont understand how a MAP works in teh MS. Thanks guys.

Russell
    1987 325is
    1992 240sx coupe
    1994 525i

Is it used to sense atmospheric pressure to compensate for altitude?
    Is there some sort of nipple on it, to hook up a vacuum line from the intake?

Comment

i dont know how it works, thats what i wanna know. How it works, and if it works well.

Russell
      1987 325is
      1992 240sx coupe
      1994 525i

Comment

dude...i've answered this question for you already.... considering i'm running it on my car already....i would listen to me man :?

The map sensor on the MS board is ALL you need. I already explained to you how MS uses rpm and map sensor values to make a Volumetric efficiency table...and a TPS sensor and temp sesors for enrichments.....

You do NOT need an extra MAP sensor.....and you do NOT need a MAF.

Just read my MS writeup on my website...and quit worrying about things that are the least of your concern. http://jdturbocharging.com

Comment

ok thanks, i will dude....no doubt i was just curious how it worked....i guess i missed it about hte volumetric efficentcy thanks ill tell teh dude i dont need the MAP or MAF you saved me $120 THANKS! :D

Russell
          1987 325is
          1992 240sx coupe
          1994 525i

Comment

Just read my MS writeup on my website
            Read through your write-up, nice job. I noticed you didn't mention using the MS relay board. Are you using the existing relay system?
            Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

Great website and write-up. I was wondering, seeing that my 318i in not chip-able, will the mega-squirt system let me get the kind of gains that you 325 guys get when chipping your cars? I love my 318 for the daily commuter that it is, and it handles like a mo-fo, but good lord is it slow.

Comment

I believe that most of the gain that the chips give you is via timing adjustments.. a little probably is gained in the gas(which megasquirt will give you control of) but mostly from the timing advance, and the higher revlimiter. You could do this with teh megasquirt and spark, but it is a much more complicated system.

oh and you would loose the revlimiter on your car with a MS, unless of course you were running the dual table code.

Is anyone on the site running the dual table code for ms for the option of having a revlimiter?

-p

Comment

I was thinking it would make more power due to better air flow (no AFM) and the ability to use a bigger TB and injectors.

Comment

yah you probably would make a bit more.. I ahd the maf thing going for a while and I noticed very little improvment.. it was also tuned on a dyno.

Comment

Working...
                    X