trm multi tune questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trm multi tune questions

hey guys so i came across the trm multi tune which seems to be super cool speacially to have a couple diffrent tunes at my finger tips. but the question i have is the tunning limted on the trm setup? and how does it compare to megasquirt as far as being able to tune urself

You should probably call TRM and ask.

Comment

ya but having worked in sales its not hard to pitch a product to a customer and speacilly since what i have seen trm makes really quality parts. just wondering if anyon has expirence. or expirence tunning factory ecu for turbo

Comment

You cannot tune it by yourself. You can only ask them for revisions and they will alter it and either A) receive your chip and reburn and resend, or B) send you the file and you burn it to the chip yourself. No end user adjustability.
        E30 m50/s52 turbo partout:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=236224

AEM EMS setup for BMW:
        http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1781886

Comment

The W.A.R. chip stores four different tunes that you can adjust yourself. You can also download tunes from their website as a starting point.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Visser View Post
            The W.A.R. chip stores four different tunes that you can adjust yourself. You can also download tunes from their website as a starting point.

FTW, mines in the mail.....Its like the night b4 christmas!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

I'm seriously thinking of buying the W.A.R. chip for my car too, since I plan on doing cams then S/C in the future plus I want to be able to fiddle with my tune.

Comment

yea, obd1 s52 turbo here..
                sigpic

Comment

I'm seriously thinking of buying the W.A.R. chip for my car too, since I plan on doing cams then S/C in the future plus I want to be able to fiddle with my tune.
                  Really, imo, why wouldn't anyone go this route? To me it's the only real option.
                  For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                  Originally posted by mbonanni
                  I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Iknoright? Plus they are a 3.5hr drive from me. Makes sense all around.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdk318i View Post
                      FTW, mines in the mail.....Its like the night b4 christmas!!!!
                      Why W.A.R chip over Megasquirt? Any particular reasons?

Comment

Shiiit total lack of reading on my part in the OP, the TRM multi-tune isn't user adjustable, it just stores several different tunes on your chip that you can switch between.

The Miller W.A.R. chip is 100% plug and play all you do is install the chip like you would any other performance chip. Megasquirt requires a DIY PNP board to work with the stock harness (I'm not an expert on this). For the W.A.R. chip you can download pre -made tunes for certain common mod setups from their site thus not having to spend hours getting the warm up and part throttle maps right. I understand you can do this to some degree for Megasquirt too but like I said I'm no expert.

TRM is a very respected tuning company, I run one of their chips, the W.A.R. chip is a different beast altogether.

Comment

Working...
                        X