im over whelmed ms already tuned or war chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im over whelmed ms already tuned or war chip

i thought mega squirt was the way to go on turbos but apparently from what i have just read the WAR chip is easier to use so my question is this. would a already tuned mega squirt for 7 pounds be easier to run or start from the from scratch and tune the WAR chip by myself (which i have no idea to do). turbo stuff is so confusing i have been reading on turbos for months before i start my build so i know what im doing,
    thanks bryce
    #Treadlifematters

Tuning a W.A.R chip is usually started from a base tune and then tweaked once its on the dyno or the track. In the past megasquirt was usually tuned from scratch and takes a couple of weeks to tune everything. If you want to be able to tune on the fly, be able to change injector sizes easily, run wasted spark, blah blah blah. Then megasquirt is definitely is the way to go.
    I purchased Miller I haven't started tuning yet but I have a person I know who can tune it for me when I take it to the dyno. Brody usually answers emails to your questions and he should be able able to tune your setup because FI is much more involving than NA. For your needs if your set on staying low boost then Miller products are said to be much easier. I myself plan on running 8-10psi in daily driving mode and 15psi for when I feel the need for boost. Don't care about taking full controll of my engine so I chose to go with the W.A.R chip and for your power goals I don't think you need to go standalone
    Last edited by The Humjet; 06-14-2011, 02:30 AM.

Comment

so miller war chip is pretty much the way to go for low boost
      #Treadlifematters

Comment

Yer pretty much, a lot will disagree as many swear by megasquirt but if your goals arnt high then w.a..r chip is plenty. Infact many people have had success with an rrfpr, eBay turbo chip and 24lb injectors for the level of boost you want to push. But I still advise to get a chip that you can adjust the fuel and timing to suit your motor, I still don't think an eBay chip with a one tune fits all isn't safe enough for FI imo.

Comment

buti n the long run is a stand alone a better system
          #Treadlifematters

Comment

Originally posted by Bothfeetin View Post
            buti n the long run is a stand alone a better system
            If your running low boost the w.a.r chip is fine, on the other hand if your looking to make 400+hp then I you should look into standalone systems...

Its all about how much time and money your willing to spend.

Comment

can you use the war chip with out the maf conversion and if so could i just take the maf out
              #Treadlifematters

Comment

yes, you don't "need" the miller maf(but you still need an afm!) to run the warchip...

Comment

Different strokes for different fokes. If all you want to do is pop in a chip and drive then a war chip is probably the way to go. But a lot of the guys selling plug and play megasquirt units are also pretty much ready for the same thing. Just a little more effort on your part to route a vacuum line and weld in a IAT bung. I've never looked at the W.A.R. software so i'm not sure which is easier to tune. Perhaps someone who has successfully tuned both systems can chime in.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                  My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

How much do these pnp ms setups go for? Personally I think for low-boost megasquirt my be a little much (in money and effort) and just seems complicated. I haven't dealt with megasquirt in real life, but from what I read it just seems a little too "techy"

just my $0.02

Comment

I think they're around the same cost as a miller w.a.r and maf. I would've probably gone with meagasquirt pnp if I didn't find a used miller w.a.r and maf for cheap and knowing the Australian distributor for miller products. Who can also help me tune my setup.
                      Maybe next time when I get sick of the 10psi of boost ill go with a full standalone.

Comment

Originally posted by The Humjet View Post
                        I think they're around the same cost as a miller w.a.r and maf. I would've probably gone with meagasquirt pnp if I didn't find a used miller w.a.r and maf for cheap and knowing the Australian distributor for miller products. Who can also help me tune my setup.
                        Maybe next time when I get sick of the 10psi of boost ill go with a full standalone.

Do you know the part number for the bosch maf.
                        Some where I heard it was off of a mustang?...

Comment

Bosch 0 280 218 032 is what it says on my maf. It's only a 2.7" housing I'm worried it might be too small for boost but it's only gonna see 10-12psi max on 30lb injectors with a garret t04 turbo

Comment

Originally posted by The Humjet View Post
                            Bosch 0 280 218 032 is what it says on my maf. It's only a 2.7" housing I'm worried it might be too small for boost but it's only gonna see 10-12psi max on 30lb injectors with a garret t04 turbo
                            I also have the miller maf GenIII with the war chip and smart fan. Getting ready to tune my m20 na....so I can get the hang of it before I swap in my turbo 2.7 motor M20. I will post up tuning info on it as I go along... Im an experienced tuner from past dsm;s and sc gm cars...

whats the specs on the 30 lb injectors I should use....am after the same thing 10-12 psi? I found some on ebay but want to make sure they are pnp...

Denny

Blogs:
                            http://bmw325e30.blogspot.com/ (restoration)
                            http://bmw325e30turbo.blogspot.com (Twincharge M20)
                            http://bmw325e30m62b44.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Working...
                            X