Anyone Running WAR chip on turbo M50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Running WAR chip on turbo M50?

Torn between this and megasquirt. I need opinions. If you have any input on this setup let me know. Ive researched it and Im getting mixed information.

Thanks!

OK I have it on an M20
    The big advantage is that you still CEL and all the reliability of Bosch ECU.
    Its pretty easy to tweak and tune.
    Only downside is you do have to have an XP machine or a virtual XP machine.
    Plus Miller is going to boost an m50 so they may have a great base tune for you
    sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
    The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Important info here is i am Non Vanos

Comment

Unless you run full sequential MSIII then your best bet is WAR.

The deal killer for me was WAR did not allow the end user to do anything but basic tuning (ie spark & fuel) and for the price of a standalone, it was a no brainer for me.

But if you dont have a lot of knowledge or desire for more advance control, then Miller has a good package for you. I think with NV you will need their MAF kit also since the NV MAF sucks balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Tchao View Post
          Unless you run full sequential MSIII then your best bet is WAR.

The deal killer for me was WAR did not allow the end user to do anything but basic tuning (ie spark & fuel) and for the price of a standalone, it was a no brainer for me.

But if you dont have a lot of knowledge or desire for more advance control, then Miller has a good package for you. I think with NV you will need their MAF kit also since the NV MAF sucks balls.
          Thanks man. I guess my best bet would be to call them up?

Comment

Originally posted by Jafxod View Post
            I guess my best bet would be to call them up?
            That would be a wise choice, especially when you are about to drop over a grand for something, you better understand all of its features and its limitations!

Comment

Sounds good. Thanks man

Comment

Working...
              X