Ebay MSII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay MSII

Im looking to go with megasquirt for my car but dont have the skills to build my own and just want to buy a pre built one. ive seen some specific to m20 engine for around 900 but i found one on ebay for 420

Has anyone ever bought one of ebay or know if there the real deal and not a knockoff and how is it different from one specific for a m20? will its just not come with a base tune?
    any info will be helpful thanks

The seller is "diyautotune", I don't think it's a knock of lol.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

but its ebay so its nice to have some feedback on these items cuz sometimes you will never know what your really going to get

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker200 View Post
        but its ebay so its nice to have some feedback on these items cuz sometimes you will never know what your really going to get
        No, it's the same as what they sell on diyautotune.com. It's good stuff.

This is different from M20 specific boxes though. It is pre made, yes, but if you buy this you need to make your own wire harness. The more expensive box that whodwho sells is plug and play with the stock harness. The cheaper MS gets, the more work YOU have to do. You can get MS for about $280, but you need to do all of the work yourself.
        -Alex

Comment

The specific one for the m20 uses the bosch connector to plug the factor harness into.

The one you see for $420 is ms2v3 preassembled, with db37 connector but without wiring. you need a pigtail or to run their relay setup

their is a cheaper route as acolella mentioned that you solder all the components to the pc board yourself. saves you about $150 off the preassembled price.

I ALWAYS buy from the diyautotune website. pricing difference is no more than $5 and you have assurance you wont end up with a fake board.

Comment

dont bother theirs a guy that goes by whodwho on e30tech that pre-builds them. Here is the link to the thread http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104808

Comment

thanks everyone whodwho actually contacted me about his product

Comment

Working...
              X