Miller M20 2.8L base tune (WAR-Chip)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miller M20 2.8L base tune (WAR-Chip)

Hello, does anyone have the Miller 2.8L base tune available?
    If yes, please send me a message.
    THX!

i have build a new 2.8L M20:
    10,5 : 1 CR
    284/272° cam
    19lbs injectors
    Miller 3" MAF

Would like to use the miller base map for the beginning.
    Or does anyone have another good 2.8L WAR-Chip tune?

Anyone have a dyno for a similar engine build?
    Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
    A Topless Memorandum

Comment

subscribed.

when I built my stroker with the same specs 3 years ago and bought the WAR chip, they gave me a tune for a similar IE built engine.

Never was satisfied. It idles up and down when cold, bogs almost constantly between 3-4k, intermittent CEL, bad fuel consumption.

If I can't get a tune that works better I'm ditching and going MS or something, anything else.
      sigpic

Comment

The proper base tune is available to download in the WAR Room: http://forums.millerperformancecars....c5cca1d8268#c6

Aaron325ix... are you sure you are using the proper tune and MAF size? poor fuel consumption, did you install the MAF properly? What are the voltages as per the troubleshooting guide?

Comment

The MAF size I got was 3" as my motor is 2.8 as per Miller recommendations.

I'm not sure about the voltages. Back when Ryan G was installing my motor you spoke with him and said I needed the WAR chip and 3" MAF. You flashed the WAR chip with a tune from some IE motor build which was "close enough" to my motor. Specs for reference: MM 86mm 10:1 pistons
          284/272 schrick cam
          19# injectors

Ryan drove the car the other day actually and he thinks the sensor might be bad. That is the stomp code I get with the CEL also. Perhaps we need to exchange?

If you think its possible to get this thing running right then I'm all ears. As of now this thing is miserable to drive around town, especially with the AC on.

If not, I'm considering ditching and looking for an old AFM and a Alpina chip or something. I really would like to keep the MAF and have it working great.

The link you posted doesn't work BTW
          sigpic

Comment

Manual and troubleshooting guide here:

It could simply be plugged in backwards which WILL ruin the MAF. you will know instantly if that is or ever was the case as you will have 12v where you are not supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
              Anyone have a dyno for a similar engine build?
              I put down somewhere around 180-185whp with mine on a street tune, slightly lower compression (estimated around 9.7:1). There's likely more in it with a proper dyno tune. I'm running MS though, not that Miller junk.

Ran it on one dyno on a hot day when it had a rough tune

Then ran it on a different dyno when it had a better tune and I adjusted the cam timing to get the hp and tq more equal so it didn't feel so flat on the top end. The locals call it the heartbreak dyno... car feels stronger than the it did on the first dyno so the lower numbers on the second dyno don't bother me.

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 05-08-2015, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X