• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diy???

i bought the following

1. PCB5.0 Willem EPROM Programmer

2. (5) sst27sf256 reburnable eproms

I'm wanting to learn to do this all myself, Ive read and read and everything might as well be a another language to me, i'm just looking for some guidance one where to start, i went to tuner pro and downloaded a program, just wandering if anyone has any tips for a guy who wants to do a full on DIY project...

my car...

1988 325i

hx35 with internal waste gate running 17lbs of boost

RC 36 LB injectors

stock fpr and the return line runs in a vortec fmu 6:1

thanks in advance for any suggestions.....

guess im fucked

Comment

I would look into a megasquirt pnp unit. I would imagine the learning curve is a lot less steep. Especially considering a lot of the tuning g can be done automatically I believe.
      '87 325i

Comment

The issue is that you need to pull the bins from the EEPROM that is on the board, then figure out what tables are what, then figure out what values they signify, then modify them in the correct manner.

There are ways to do it, since there are chips out there(i have never researched enough to look into those details, however) that I guess replace or piggyback the ecu's EEPROM.

I can't even remember the software that we used to read factory tunes for a setup like this, which is why I didn't reply earlier. I'll try to find it and post back here in a bit... Or simply link to a thread that deals with Motronic 4.3/4.4+.
        '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
        NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
        Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

there's info there about 4.3 and 4.4 motronic. I don't know if you'll have to deal with checksums but it is something to consider. Links to Trionic/Motronic suites, but it seems to support later versions that Motronic 1.0. I don't know all the details because I haven't looked into this deeply, but you should be starting somewhere with that. There are good links in that thread.

Here's more overview on 4.4, but I'm not sure if ANY of it applies.

Good luck. This is my only experience with modifying motronic(volvos), but I hope it helps you!
          '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
          NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
          Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

thanks, thats a good start

Comment

Working...
            X