W.A.R. and Vista, got it to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W.A.R. and Vista, got it to work

After a frustrating afternoon with outdated xp laptos I decided to try to run W.A.R. on Vista., well it worked.

At first it didn't seem to work, program took about 4 minuts to find files and fot it to show in My Computer, once they did, they read, loaded, adjusted as fast as usual, no more delays.

I did noticed one glitch, some of the Idle Speed boxes were set to Zero, so corrected values, renamed flies, saved and then reloaded.
    All boxes were within range without problems.

Anyone else running it on something besides XP?
    going to try iPad now :)

Just downloaded W.A.R. to my Android, unzipped it but BAT files will not kick on,

Brody, we need APP's :p

Yeah, I am running it on Windows 7 Home Premium.

I have also discovered that it takes quite a while for the WAR chip to be fully connected to the computer. It notices right away the chip is connected when looking at the USB control panel, but it takes about 3-5 minutes for the chip to be discovered as media storage so it can be accessed and read.

I also noticed that the 4 .mpf files are sitting right inside the chip when you open it from my computer, but I am not able to save a .mpf and push it directlyt onto the chip. I am guessing that when you write to the chip it converts the mpf to a bin for reading by the ECU. That also would explain why it writes the entire file each time you make a small change inside the WAR software.

Tonight I am going to try running it inside VMware or similar and see if my speeds increase.

Comment

Works fine with my win7 machine.

I've had zero issues with usability, just had to run the .bat instead of the java file to install. Run it as admin.

I usually use my win7 to tune from since its a desktop, then copy them to a flash drive and upload them to the car via an old xp laptop.
      I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

I just run a WinXP Virtual machine on my Win7 laptop.

Reads and writes in under 60 seconds. Done.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
        X