Engine wiring harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine wiring harness

Hi, this is my first post on this forum. Been a long time lurker between here and the other e30 site. I've owned 4 e30's in the past, but none for bout the last ten years as I was working more in the motorcycle racing field and couldn't split time for both. They were a 86 325e (beater with full suspension, exhaust, chip, ect.), 91 318is (mild suspension, pretty stock), 90 325is (stock, dd), and another 90 325i (nother dd). Still my favorite cars and actively looking for another one. Well bout a week ago a good friend of mine with a cherry barn find 325i 4 door 5-sp came to me asking for some help. He knows my soft spot for these cars and my past in the motorsports industry. Mainly the fact that I do track day wiring harness's for sportbike racers on the side. Basically I make a new harness for a guy who wants to fully convert his sport bike from street duty to track only. The new harness is pretty simplified as we no longer need any of the lights, horn, and other street legal stuff. Sometimes integrate stuff like no-lift shift switches and go fast stuff like that. Well back to my buddy and his car, you see this was a true barn find car. As in left in a barn for the last 12 years. The only issue with the car is that mice or rats or whatever decided the engine wiring harness tasted awesome. Well we got it all patched and working correctly but he started asking me about making a new harness similar to what I do for bikes but for his car. Basically he wants an updated copy of a stock harness. To do a full motorsports level harness is ungodly expensive, i.e. 1500-3500. Then he showed me the chasebays stuff. I figure I can do a harness like that for around 550, and still do it right. Now heres where I need your guys help, really wanna do all new connectors. Need help sourcing these outside of bmw, not the general ones like the injectors. But the oem specific ones, i.e. 55-pin harness side connector, afm. Also if any one has a source for a complete unmolested harness for a 90 325i be greatly appreciated. I'll have more questions like splices and grounds later. Really would like to get rid of all the splices, running all wires from connector to connector. Unsure if the injectors are spliced from a single ground or not, things like that. But connectors first. Thanks in advance to all the help guys.

welcome.
    So you just want to know where to get new connecters for the harness?
    I made your short story alittle easier to read. Hope that helps.

Hi,
    a week ago a good friend of mine with a cherry barn find 325i 4 door 5-sp came to me asking for some help.

left in a barn for the last 12 years.
    rats decided the engine wiring harness tasted awesome.

we got it all patched and working correctly but he started asking me about making a new harness similar
    to what I do for bikes but for his car. Basically he wants an updated copy of a stock harness.

I figure I can do a harness like that for around 550, and still do it right.
    Now heres where I need your guys help, really wanna do all new connectors.
    Need help sourcing these outside of bmw, not the general ones like the injectors.
    But the oem specific ones, i.e. 55-pin harness side connector, afm.

Also if any one has a source for a complete unmolested harness for a 90 325i be greatly appreciated.

I'll have more questions like splices and grounds later.
    Really would like to get rid of all the splices, running all wires from connector to connector.
    Unsure if the injectors are spliced from a single ground or not, things like that. But connectors first.
    Thanks in advance to all the help guys.

Comment

Yeah sorry for the long post. But yes I'm looking for the connectors. Like I know the ecm connector is just a jpt (junoir power timer) style plug. Can get them easy, main source is te connectivity. But does anyone know which one exactly? Or are the c101 plugs still available?

Comment

Working...
      X