Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to connect to ecu with new computer Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to ecu with new computer Help!

I have encountered a new problem . I purchased a Megasquirt unit from whodwho. All was well but now I have a new computer to run tunerstudio and cannot get it to connect to the ms ecu. Not sure which .ini file to run. If I run detect ports, it does detect com3 on my laptop, but I always get an error message when trying to connect to the ecu. Any suggestions?
    1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Is this with a USB adapter? Make sure the driver is loaded for it and you can find the port it is bound to in Device Manager.

On the CD there is a portcheck.exe under the tool director and let it scan for it and see if it finds the controller.

Remember to set the Tunerstudio project to Microsquirt Module ;)
    My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
    4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Thanks for the response Keith, I got your email as well but cant bring that up at work.

Yes, I'm trying to interface with a serial to USB cable. My computer supposedly automatically installed the drivers with the cable was plugged in, I will double check that in device manager tonight.

The portcheck.exe is on the driver cd or the MS cd you supplied?

When I was trying to connect last night it would not recognize MS2extra v 3.2.1 and ask that I select the other option and search for a .ini file. Should I be doing this? Which one is the correct .ini file?

I selected Microsquirt in the project menu, as you remember that has given us headaches in the past.

Thanks for all of your help!
      1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

been messing with it tonight. Uploaded the driver for the usb cable and its tied to com 5, which I have it installed in. Ran the port check off the cd and it says port five open and says connection made at 115200. 1 valid port found. I'm also unsure what .ini file I should be using.
        1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

it should of given you the version when the port checker found it? I would let Tunerstudio detect and use the correct ini file
          My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
          4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Working...
          X