Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megasquirt Bluetooth to windows 8 won't connect

Hi there.

I am not very computer savy especially when it comes to windows 8. I have a toshiba laptop with a win 8 bt USB adapter added. It can connect y I phone via the adapter when I hit add a bt device. It recognizes megasquirt but says its offline when I add it.

I got it to not say offline once. But when I tried to detect the ms in tunerstudio it took about 5 mins of searching with no success.

Any ideas? I don't have a serial port on the laptop

usb to serial port adapter?
    '91 318is w/ M50B25TU

Comment

Im debating it at this rate going with a cheap ebay one. Anyone have any ideas so I didnt make my 30$ bluetooth adapter purchase pointless?

Comment

Well regardless of what OS you're running, you need to 'pair' the two devices together. This involves going into the windows bluetooth setup and clicking 'connect' and then entering some code that should be printed on the bluetooth adapter somewhere or in the documentation. Sometimes there codes for dongles like this are very simple, like '0000' or '9999', but it should be at least a 4 digit code that you need to enter in order to pair the two devices. Once they are paired you can connect. You might want to check out this if you already havn't but that setup seems a bit dated with windows XP shown in the instructions.

In windows 8, do the following:

then

Then when the control panel opens up, search for 'bluetooth' in the search box in the upper right hand corner.
        '99 e46 323i - wrecked
        '87 e30 325iS - sold
        '91 e30 325i - sold
        '89 e30 M3 - fun car
        '09 e91 328i - sold
        '97 impreza - rally car - flipped
        '08 impreza - new rally car
        '01 996 tt - more fun car
        '82 Ford f350 - work truck

Comment

Working...
        X