Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about base maps

Hey,

I have a question about starting with base VE maps. Whenever I use a base map (either from diyautotune or another user) the area of the map in the low-density low-rpm area is always very very far off in the rich direction. However, the high density areas are almost perfect.

In some cells my values drop by more than 20, especially the idle area. I've checked my settings, I'm using multiply map and not incoporating my AFR targets and am using a single table (like all of the base maps). I was on an older firmware and updated just to see if it changed the fuel calculation at all and it is still the same way. I'm using the proper req_fuel as well.

This isn't really a problem, but something that just has been worrying me a little bit. I know every engine is different but this just seems like too much variation. It also messes with auto tune because it drops values so fast it makes them go very lean and then it takes a while to correct them back to my targets

Any insight? The only thing I was thinking of is that my FPR might be shot... My engine is almost stock besides the MS/turbo.

Thanks.
    Thanks,
    Matt

Check out my BMW Fault Code Index
    '89 Turbo M20 Zinno Cabrio (scrapped)
    '89 Zinno IX (sold)
    '91 Granit Turbo S52 Sedan (scrapped)
    '91 WIP (scrapped)
    '13 F10 Carbon Black 550iX MSport
    '91 iX Sedan

I had the same issue when I used DIY's base map for initially starting up my car on MS. To get better resolution in the lower VE/RPM corner of the map adjust the req_fuel down until you're comfortable with the numbers. From what I remember req_fuel simply scales the MAP based on your engine's characteristics. You'll need to multiply all cells in your MAP proportional to how much you adjust req_fuel. there's a formula floating around for this (I think I saw it on e30tech?) I'll see if I can find it again.

Comment

Working...
    X