Conforti 325e Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conforti 325e Chip

So my car's an automatic until I blow up the transmission, then I will have an excuse (for my wife, mostly) to swap to a manual transmission. The car is slowly getting sorted and I'm getting near the point that I'd like to chip it.

Does anyone know if the 325e Conforti chip is the same for both automatics and manuals? (Mine's an '86.) It would be great if I didn't have to switch to a new chip after the swap.

THANKS!
    Eternally searching for a nice set of BMW Sheepskin Seat Covers for Comfort Seats.

bumppp

Comment

I don't know myself. I would think that they would be, though you'll definitely see different results in WHP as a result of the transmission and potentially the differential (youre an 86 eta, so unless you've added one, you dont have an LSD, and I think you're rear end gears are like 2.93 regardless of tranny). You should pick up a few horsepower and a bit of torque, maybe more depending on your other mods if you have any.

In theory you should be able to email or contact the company youre getting the chip through and ask this to get a definitive answer. If they can't answer your question, you shouldn't buy from them.

Comment

Working...
      X