Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miller MAF conversion sensfull for me?

Hi,

can someone please explain how the Miller MAF conversion kit works ?
    Because im really not sure if it is the right way for me or better do it with free programmable or piggy back ecu.

Let me first explain what i want or need.

Im building high modified m30 (street) engines with power output about 270 hp. But the stock AFM sucks and im at that point where i can´t go further because of the old AFM.
    So i need one MAF conversion. But is it possible to keep my now good programmed eprom or do i have to tune it again from zero when the miller kit is installed?

I don´t know how the miller stuff is interacting between engine and ecu.
    Would be nice when someone could explain more.

Thx

P.S.: I am often building engines for customers so it would be somehow easier to keep the stock ecu with chip and MAF conversion whether than install an free programable ecu with the need to tune it from zero.
    Also its difficult to get as good results for example idling at every temp and running smooth as the original ecu does :-)
    Because of this im thinking about the miller stuff.

Our MAF (I own Miller Performance) is used by the stock ECU as if it were factory installed. Whenever you change the aif flow metering device, you must recalibrate pretty much everything related to fuel in order for the stock computer to use the sensor properly.

Your tuning that you have done for your AFM setup will not work with the MAF.

We have done a number of NA m30 build that make 250 260 WHP (300 crank) with our MAF conversion. Many customers have tuned their own setups making similar power with the use of our WAR chip and appropriate base maps.

The MAF does not need to use a WAR chip on a stock or near stock application but for projects like yours, the WAR chip will save you a lot of time an hassle since you can use our base maps and make slight tweaks where needed for the specific build. That would allow you to retain the stock ECU, its seamless functionality with a MAF and take care of your AFM limitations.

Comment

Working...
    X