m20 carb conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m20 carb conversion

Has anyone ever ran a downdraft carb like a weber 32/36 on an m20? Just curious.

Yes, downdrafts ..... IDFs (not any DGV's).
    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

It think it would be cool to run a DGV 32/36 or 38. Throttle response would be nice. I love IDF's but spending around $1000 on just carbs is a little ridiculous

Comment

Gotcha ... there is no manifold that exists for that setup. Would be neat, but if you were having someone fab you up a manifold it'd probably start to even out price wise.
        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

I doubt it would be too difficult to adapt a DGV carb onto a 320/6 single carb manifold.
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Forgot about that .... that might just work .... with some work.
            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

What if I made a block off plate were the throttle body goes and then cut a hole directly in the top of the intake were the bmw symbol is. Then drill and tap some holes for 4 studs to come out. Boom! weber right on top.....although I might have to cut a square out of the hood for the air filter.........mini hood scoop lol

Comment

Can't find a 320/6 manifold anywhere atm. I guess I'll pick up another m20 intake and see what I can do.

Comment

I'm running a 4 barrel carb on my m30 using a euro manifold. They have a similar manifold for m20s too. Google m20 4 barrel manifold.
                  = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

Yeah I've found some but none that are currently for sale

Comment

The trick isn't getting carbs, it's the manifold, and also the tuning. Webers are not plug and play. They are when they're properly set up, but very few individuals know how to actually set them up properly.
                      '71 E-Type Jag
                      '91 318iS

Comment

Working...
                      X