megasquirt e30 m3 s14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

megasquirt e30 m3 s14

Question for the megasquirt gurus, hoping someone here might have some insight.

The s14 runs an early 35 pin ECU. It uses 2 VR sensors on the flywheel which monitor a 116 tooth wheel and a single tooth wheel for a TDC reference. The early M30s use the same ECU and flywheel arrangement.

The few people that have posted info on running MS on the s14 have generally retrofitted a 36-1 wheel and run EDIS. I want to directly fire coil packs for a wasted spark set up. I'd like to utilize the stock toothed wheel arrangement - its clean, and would greatly simplify the system. After a ton of research, it appears MS has the capability to run wasted spark with 2 VR inputs. see here:

Has anyone tried it on an M30, or even better on an s14? Anyone aware of an example out there? What's a good choice for coil packs that MS v3 can drive directly?
    1989 e30 M3

I don't know enough to help you with the currently flywheel setup, but VAC sells a crank pulley and trigger setup for S14's ($$$). If the end of the crank has the same dimensions as the M10 you could run one of the M10 setups. You don't actually have to run EDIS, and IMO EDIS is outdated. On my M10 I'm running a 36-1 wheel from 02again.com and an EDIS VR sensor, but the microsquirt is running the ignition directly using D585 (LS-2) coils.

Comment

Did you ever get this to happen?

Comment

Only ms3 can take the stock flywheel trigger arrangement, I assume because of the high tooth count. Something about the ms2 Prix being too slow to process that many teeth

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
        PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Working...
        X