MS won't turn off - being powered by Alt D+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS won't turn off - being powered by Alt D+

I just got my M10 Microsquirt setup running. All is well except I cannot turn it off. Fortunately the MS side of the harness doesn't have the pins inserted to the connectors yet so I can just pull a pin to turn it off. This isn't a practical method to drive a car around though.

I wired the power and relays almost the same as this thread:

The only difference is that I have a microsquirt, and my C101 pins are different as I have an 85 318i. With the engine running, once I turn off the key the alternator D+ seems to be powering the main relay pin 86 through what is shown as pin 6 on C101 here. At this point the battery charge light comes on. On my car it is also a green/yellow wire and comes from fuse 9 - hot in run and start.

The fact that these wires are spliced together after the ignition switch leads me to believe that the switch is fine, but then wouldn't everyone with MS have this problem if they used a similar wiring scheme?

Should power only going TO D+ and never FROM D+ making it an alternator issue? The car ran and drove just fine prior to the MS project.
Working...
X