Whodwho mspnp positive boost problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whodwho mspnp positive boost problem

So tonight I was playing around with trying to get my launch control working and whodwhos microsquirt needs to see a 12v power source to enable the launch control. I was able to get the launch control to activate but it only works for a second and then cuts out. (seems like as soon as it sees positive pressure)

I tested the voltage at the clutch switch and it is around 12v when the clutch is depressed. When I attach the Megasquirt wire to it and depress the clutch it only shows around 7 or so? Can I still use this switch?

Can Any fellow Whodwho owners also confirm what inputs in the drop down menus in tuner studios the launch control and boost control pins correspond to?

Also, when driving the car I cannot get positive boost. The car cuts out until I let off the throttle. I can free rev fine since I wont build positive pressure.

I had also turned on overboost protection and was playing with the coolant temp based rev limiter tonight. My overboost protection was set to 100kPa and the car was warm so it wasn't hitting a rev limit due to coolant.

In super simple terms:
    100kpa is 14.5psi. Earth's atmosphere is 14.5psi. As Earthlings, we have Earth's atmospheric pressure set to 0psi on a gauge when measuring. So gauge pressure @ 100kpa is 0psi which is why overboost protection isn't letting you get into positive pressure.
    Using google as a conversion, bump up your kpa, subtract 14.5, and that is your gauge pressure.

I'm on his MS as well, so I can let you know what drop down menu inputs correspond to the pins tomorrow or Thursday when I fiddle with my car.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Ak- Thanks a lot for the quick reply! That sounds like it might be the problem. Ok sounds good.

Comment

Working...
      X