Stand alone engine managament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand alone engine managament?

Anybody hear of any good reasonably priced systems for stand alone engine management? I was researching Link Ecu's because I have heard good things about them and they are only like $500. Also I would like to be able to convert the MAF to a GM 3-bar MAP sensor when the time comes.

What I plan on doing with it is tuning the naturally aspirated engine before I go to a custom forced induction system. And have some relative flexability with the system for tuning. Any suggetsions?

"Not a bad way to spend 10,000 dollars."

Comment

There are several out there

Reasonably priced? HMMMM that is very subjective, but I will let you know what I have dealt with:

I only have experience with MoTec and Electromotive TEC3 systems, as far as engine management goes.

There is a DIY system out there called MegaSquirt. It handles the fuel management aspects of it all, but you had better have some good electronics skills, because you have to assemble the parts from scratch, not something I would care to do. BUT a lot of people on the GRM boards have had great success with it, so it may be worth investigating further.

With your future plans, though, I would look into MoTec or TEC3 ( Nice thing about the TEC3, it uses cheap, and plentiful GM sensors ), or you could check out another one from Australia. It is called Wolf (3d?). They advertise in Grassroots, Sports Car, and a few other rags, but, again, I cannot speak from experience on this particular one, as I have not used it before.

-Nick

Comment

What he really says is "I’m constipated, find me a bathroom"

Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I run Megasquirt Fuel management system. It is pretty good, but as he said, you must assemble it your self, that includes soldering, wiring all sensors, building a base fuel map... There is also a megasquirt system out there that has ignition control, that uses an EDIS system. You can find more information here http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html. I spent around 250 or so to build it all. You also need a laptop available to tune it as well. You also must use a wideband o2 sensor to final tune it, I when to a place with a dyno, and had a wideban hooked up, and tuned it on the dyno.

Good luck,

matt

Comment

I'm looking for something that can tune fuel and ignition timing that I can tune with a hand held device like the Link ECU or something that I can program with a Laptop. I would love to get my hands on an AEM system but I don't know if they make them for our cars. We should star a mass mail...

Comment

Simple Digital Systems

Comment

SMT-6.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Originally posted by e30Matt
                  SMT-6.
                  That's a piggyback system, not full standalone.

Comment

Gunni
                    @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

Haltech E6X, thats what i ordered for my turbo set-up.

Comment

Oh, duh... meant to say the PRS systems by Perfect Power, not the SMT-6.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Working...
                        X