Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo Management?????

Hey all,
    I am in the process of doing the s50 swap into an e30 m3 and I have decided that I am going to turbo the motor. I have a t3/t4 turbo setup and 36lbs injectors. Basically I need to know what everyone is doing for the ECU management? Is there a chip for an s50 running 8lbs of boost? Or do I need to find someone to custom program the ECU for me. I don't mind doing either but if you know of anybody who can do this please let me know!

Thanks,
    Ryan
    1988 M3 (Diamondshwartz)
    2004 M3 (SilverGray)

Megasquirt is your best option!

Comment

I disagree with you on the MS option. Megasquirt is just the cheapest and most primative... There are many much better options out there. I would run Autronic, AEM, Electromotive or Motec. I would look around at what the local tuning shops are using, so they can tune the car for you or help you with the install.
      :: PNW Crew ::
      '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Thanks for the advice!!!
        1988 M3 (Diamondshwartz)
        2004 M3 (SilverGray)

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
          I disagree with you on the MS option. Megasquirt is just the cheapest and most primative... There are many much better options out there. I would run Autronic, AEM, Electromotive or Motec. I would look around at what the local tuning shops are using, so they can tune the car for you or help you with the install.
          ms is the choice if you plan on changing your setup, this cat has no idea whats up

ms is open source and constantly upgraded, ms2-e will be on par w/most standalone, and now w/a canbus you can daisychain them

aem and what not are for ricers
          9.8:1 2.3l
          msns-e/lc1/evc3
          48mm t3/t4
          3" turbo-tail
          npr
          www.hybridturbosales.com

sigpic

Comment

You are right they have much easier to use software and more shops that know how to tune them... I dont know how that makes it ricer. I personally have MS on my car. If I had the ability to run a plug and play AEM, Autronic or anything I would have done it in a heart beat.
            :: PNW Crew ::
            '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Originally posted by benflynn View Post
              aem and what not are for ricers
              Huh?
              Are you serious, or just trying to stir shit?

To the OP- listen to backtrail and go see what the local tuning shops have to say.

If you are into DIY then megasquirt could be a decent option.

Comment

you would be a fool to take your ride to a shop to tune it if they could not figure out megaturne, the new locost ems are the way to go unless you want as much resolution as possible to win a race where regulations make the fight for each 1/4 hp very expensive, the individual cylinder trim(that actually still could be done w/a daisy chain ms2) and ultra high resolution needed to keeps things together on very highly stressed engines

open source code written in C opens up so many options and gives you a product that is in constant development

so i am serious, get a ms2 and a sticker
                msns-e/lc1/evc3
                48mm t3/t4
                3" turbo-tail
                npr
                www.hybridturbosales.com

sigpic

Comment

obr-motorsport.co.uk

Comment

wut about vanos? megasquirt doesn't deal with that does it? i heard VEMS has been used as well...i'm new to the turbo idea but i'd like to learn more
                    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I recommend VEMS over MS anyday for many reasons, but for this engine with it's variable valve timing I think the best option is Autronic, preferrably the SM4. Find a tuning shop that can handle it.

MegaSquirt is rarely the best option unless cost is all that matters.

Comment

rarely are you in a circumstance where the last tenth matters, i always like autronic tho
                        msns-e/lc1/evc3
                        48mm t3/t4
                        3" turbo-tail
                        npr
                        www.hybridturbosales.com

sigpic

Comment

The shop I used to work at ran Electomotive on there s50/s52s, the nice thing about them is you can buy one that will plug into you s50 harness if you go through vic sias.

The only problems was we tried out 3 tuners befor we found somone that was firmilar with electromotive software.

In a nut shell its great hardware its just the software that can be tricky to use.

I have heard good things about autronic but they dont have anyone offering plug and play system.

Comment

Working...
                          X