Megasquirt issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megasquirt issues

Some how I’m getting wrecked off the bat with my MS install. I have a MS2 from whodwho, everything hooked up, map is installed, connected to the harness and it’s waiting to be tuned. I connect it to my laptop and try to start a new project and detect device. Get an error message that it can’t find it. Video here https://imgur.com/a/7yKFuoV .
    I deleted and reinstalled the USB and I get com3 at 115200.

So I’ve updated drivers, googled and looked online for solutions etc. nothings working, so I want to verify I’ve done everything correctly... I’m using the DIY adapter for 9pin to USB. MAP connector is just chilling in the pic but is connected now.
    Attached Files
    85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

figured it out :)

Comment

Glad you were able to figure it out and hope it was something simple, is it up and running?
      Let me know how it goes and if you need any assistance
      My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
      4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Originally posted by whodwho View Post
        Glad you were able to figure it out and hope it was something simple, is it up and running?
        Let me know how it goes and if you need any assistance
        Was about as dumb and simple a mistake as could be. Figuring out O2 sensor and E36 TPS today as well as going over the MS settings. Might be up and running today. Appreciate all the help!

Comment

Alrighty I’ve got the car running and idling, everything is “calibrated” but I’m having issues with my O2 sensor and I’m curious if it’s because of wiring or me tinkering around with my tune.
          It’s a 14point7 O2 and controller.
          it starts as AFR 10, upon starting the car up it goes to about 16.7-17 AFR and then suddenly drops back down to 10. I know my car is running rich so those readings don’t make sense to me. It also stays at 10 and doesn’t fluctuate or change. I calibrated the O2 off the car before and have again just Incase, but I’m a little out of my comfort zone with all of this. I can show my tables if that helps but the issues remained constant throughout, I thought maybe the car was running so rich it was killing the O2s signal since when I pulled it, it was covered with soot

as always any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

Did you set it up in TunerStudio for that sensor Tools > Calibrate AFR table? If it is overly rich the sensor will give odd readings usually showing lean. Those AFRs don't sound to off to me.
            I would work on the mix when warmed up and at one RPM and get it to stabilize and smooth the table our around that. Try leaning it out until the idle gets worst, usually surging and richen it up some from there.

Hopefully you can get the sensor working well as it is really challenging to tune without it, check the plugs as backup
            My M20 Frankenbuild(s)

Comment

Yeah, I calibrated it and set the EGO to 14point7. Okay thats good to know the numbers are not too far off. Its kinda cold here at 36 degrees, so if the sensor is giving odd readings when it is rich how will I know when its reading correctly? Should I just run the engine until operating temp is reached and then go from there? it is slightly surging from 1100-1500 at idle right now so a tad high. Guess I can just week from there.

Stupid follow up question, is it better to do VE or AFR tables for tuning?
              Thanks for all the help!

Comment

You will get a feel for when it is rich or lean in time. it has to be really over rich to make it read bad, you can lean it out and see if it helps.

Definitely get it tuned warm before trying to get the cold startup/warmup dialed in and idle control. it will be around 10 AFR cold and ~14 warm for idle to get it stable

You need to have the AFR targets set to roughly where they need to be and then adjust the VE to get it to target AFRs and may need to adjust required fuel to get your VE table dialed in, basically 100 VE @ 100 kpa
                My M20 Frankenbuild(s)

Comment

Originally posted by whodwho View Post
                  You will get a feel for when it is rich or lean in time. it has to be really over rich to make it read bad, you can lean it out and see if it helps.

Definitely get it tuned warm before trying to get the cold startup/warmup dialed in and idle control. it will be around 10 AFR cold and ~14 warm for idle to get it stable

You need to have the AFR targets set to roughly where they need to be and then adjust the VE to get it to target AFRs and may need to adjust required fuel to get your VE table dialed in, basically 100 VE @ 100 kpa
                  That is exactly the info I needed thank you

Comment

Getting the hang of it I hope, I’ve gotten my idle down to 700-900 kinda fluctuates still but it’s running better. Messed around with my closed loop settings to get it dialed in. So far so good! My O2 sensor seems to be working i was just really rich so it was reading 10, got it changed so it’s now 10.40~

What’s the average time it takes to get a E30 running on MS solidly for a first timer? Seems like I tackle one issue a day and work from there lol

Comment

Working...
                    X