Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired of searching...

Hello everyone,

Just need a bit of advice. I want an aftermarket cat-back exhaust for my stock m20. I'm not looking for performance difference, I just want something that sounds good and doesn't drone on the freeway, it doesn't have to be loud, just aggresive. A little louder than stock would be nice. I had Stromung in mind for some time, but I'm having trouble reaching the shop and it seems like there is some bad business going on with a group buy with them.

I was wondering if anyone here could give me some suggestions on a cat-back exhaust that I could later integrate into a full exhaust set-up later down the road. My current exhaust is a bit leaky and sounds like shit, so I'd rather replace it with something cooler than fix it. I've also been looking at brands like Remus and B&B, but I was wondering if anyone knew of something in the $400 range for just the cat-back. IE/ebay ones are out of my thoughts because they sound almost exactly like stock. I'm not saying that's bad, but if I wanted to sound stock I'd rather just fix the leak. Also anyone have sound clips of stromung on THEIR car? I could only find like 4 vids made by the same person on youtube, and one other separate vids, a total of 2 people.

Let me know if you have any ideas! Thanks guys I've been searching for a bit and I'm not really coming to a conclusion, so I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction. Links appreciated.
    -Darius (aka DiscoDoughnuts on other forums)

dude man bro...

I love my remus, but its only a axle back. 600 or so bucks is a little much for an axle back in my opinion but it sounds good and you could get a mid pipe later on down the road.

Comment

Im in the same boat man, also tired of searching! I'm just looking for a muffler with tips tho and have narrowed it down to 2 Vibrant mufflers... this flat black http://www.verociousmotorsports.com/...-Dual-Out-1148
      and this one http://www.verociousmotorsports.com/...-Cut-Tips-1032

Ive read a few good reviews on Vibrant. They are not as popular as the Magnaflow 14815 but supposedly their better.

Comment

For near-stock with a bit more agressive sound just go with an Ansa. It won't last you 10+ years but it also wont break the bank. BMA carries their catbacls pretty cheap.

Comment

A lot of people seem to be able to get muffler shops to bend them up custom pipes for pretty cheap. All you would need to bring to the party would be a muffler. Need an X pipe to kill the droning.

Comment

Working...
          X