fitment of ebay headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fitment of ebay headers

please don't grieve me for cheaping out, or go tell me to use the search button.

i bought some ebay headers, specifically from dpt motorsports. they came in and look good, welds seem solid and consistent. however, visually putting them together the o2 sensor seems to be on the wrong section of pipe and the wrong side, requiring another foot or so of wiring. secondly, the mid section looks to be about 6 inches too long. i'd just like to get them to fit properly, bitching about ebay products wont help me.

do i need to cut some stock piping in front of the cat? should i use connectors and wrapping for the new o2 sensor location?
    1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
    1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
    1974 2002tii / stock
    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Really mike?..text me pic of the headers im praying you didnt get the headers i have =/

"Hard Work Pays Off"

1991-bmw 325i (R3vvd)
    1990- 325 (mpowa)(GC)(track)(beast)
    1988- 528e (daily driven when track car broken)

Comment

lol these things are crap.

1974 2002tii / stock
      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

how important are the heat shields?
        1974 2002tii / stock
        2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
          how important are the heat shields?
          If you cut the heat shields, get ceramic boots on your spark plug wires so they don't burn up.
          Originally posted by TSI
          ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
          OEM+

Comment

Use the search button you cheap bastard

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

lol opting for a full custom exhaust behind them. GAH pain in the ass.
              1974 2002tii / stock
              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

My car is actually in the shop installing the header and full exhaust now.

The one I got was meant for RHD one. Look like this, also from ebay header china manufacture

Since I plan to use single 2.5inch piping, I told the shop to build new mid section and junk the supplied x pipe.

Quality wise, even though the flange was 3 to 1 design, it had very poor flatness (~0.40mm). Had to take the pieces to friend's shop and sand it down to get them flat. I test fit the header on my spare 731 head and was able to mount it flat after some playing.

Latest feedback from exhaust shop, header made no mechanical interference. Keep my finger crossed on this one.

Comment

Yeah I ditched the midpipe too, had my own o2 bung made and went with a full 2.5" exhaust. I do notice a difference with headers and exhaust, although I think the only benefit of the headers is weight loss.
                  1974 2002tii / stock
                  2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Might be able to get some more of this race car heat shield stuff. A friend of mine buys wrecks and parts them out.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Finally got my header and exhaust installed.

The cheap header actually fit better than I expected. I ditched the mid x pipe since I am using 2.5" single piping.

Installer had some issue getting them to fit, but no modification required for front section.

Installed
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0258 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	7131566

Later when I was doing oil change, I couldn't get oil filter off. Fortunately, I didn't have AC system, so clock the oil cooler adapter fixed the issue.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0259 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	7131567

Comment

Anyone have a photo of the underside of the vehicle with the ebay headers on? I'm curious to see how far downstream they go.

Comment

I just put some stahl headers on 87 is and the only problem im having is a clearance issue with the sway bar. any one with suggestions? For an o2 sensor with extended lead call Bavarian Auto they have them on special this month, i just ordered mine.

Comment

Originally posted by AutoXinE30 View Post
                            Anyone have a photo of the underside of the vehicle with the ebay headers on? I'm curious to see how far downstream they go.
                            I can take a picture tomorrow, but I hacked the piping up to get them to point the same direction and meet the y pipe.
                            1974 2002tii / stock
                            2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Is it running an x-pipe or H-pipe or did you say you got rid of it ?

Comment

Working...
                              X