SuperSprint Hangs Crooked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperSprint Hangs Crooked

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone fix it?

Yeah I know it needs new hangers to get it up higher but you see how its slanted? Everything appears to sit flat all the way until the muffler

Any exhaust shop can easily fix that for 15 bucks.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

ran into the same issue, you'll need a buddy to fix it. First off OP, the inlets where it bolts to the cat has to be loosen so you can adjust it to your desired angle before tightening them back up. You'll also need a pry bar and a buddy to help you as one person has to hold it in place while the other person has to tighten the flanges up.

so really, the super sprint's only flaw is that the inlet that connects to the driver side portion of the catback has to be have a half inch gap between the flanges. don't worry, it won't leak unless your steel gasket fails.

once that gap is there, you'll need a pry bar between the pipes before the X-intersection and pry the pipes so the muffler even's out on the rear valence. once it evens out, you'll need your buddy to hold his position so you can quickly bolt everything together.

at first, the pipes would feel stressed but after a few weeks of driving, the exhaust heat should help straighten out the steel relieve the stress.

i'll try to snap some pics next week but my car is currently in the shop

Comment

Working...
      X