Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a civilized exhaust solution for M42. Dynomax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a civilized exhaust solution for M42. Dynomax?

The car's stock muffler (it's the 3rd one installed by the original PO) has had it once again. Fully rusted out. Time to go!

I am looking for something non-OEM but at the same time I want to keep it civilized and the noise down. Heard lots of good things about Dynomax, never heard one in person. Heard magnaflow before but wasn't too impressed.

Any comments out there about Dynomax? Any particular models you would recommend?

Any other suggestions appreciated!

There are some vids on YouTube (of varying quality) you can check out. From what I've heard in person "upgrades" will be noticeably louder and at least a little ricey. Hell, even the stock setup is kinda loud imo.

Comment

i have one sitting in my trunk i am about to put on, i hope it isn't too loud.

Comment

Dynomax Super Turbo is pretty fucking loud, especially without a resonator. My rusted-out stock muffler with no tip on it was louder, but not by a whole lot. It also drones a decent amount at around 3k RPM, and is raspy at top end. I'm running a 12" Vibrant resonator and the Super Turbo past the cats.

If you want a quiet exhaust, I think something else would be in order. I will try to get a soundclip tomorrow if it helps at all.

Comment

I run Super turbo by Dynomax. Kind of loud. I think I want to install bigger capacity resonator to quiet down the sound by half (I hope!).
          See my theread about my setup, it has a sound clip included.
          Keep in mind, it sounds a little louder inside the cabin.

I'd agree it kind of drones around 3k rpms, but I hope to quiet it down a bit...

Comment

Working...
          X