How much piping do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much piping do I need?

I'm turboing my m20 and doing a 2.5" single exhaust. I have the downpipe already

I will be replicating the stock exhaust as far as the bends go.

This is a complete budget build. I'm a 17 year old still in high school.

How much straight piping do I need? What bends do I need?

I'm thinking about this muffler: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-630125/

Or this one: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/XYZ-911/

Do I need the offset inlets?

I really like what einstein did, but from the sound bite it was a little too loud for me

I also like what Jordan did....

Smog isn't an issue. I don't want it to sound ricey, so I'm sure I will need more then one muffler....maybe a resonator? A high-flow cat? This is my DD so I can't have it up on stands for weeks + measuring the stock exhaust/figuring out how much pipe and what bends I need. So hopefully you guys who have built your own exhaust can chime in & help a fellow r3ver out.

Sparknotes: looking for the best/cheapest exhaust solution for my turbo m20. Going to run a single 2.5". Not looking for ricey sound

TIA r3v.

It's like... It's like I'm looking into the past.

Last edited by Danny; 07-15-2011, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Then you kinda won't want either of those mufflers.
      If you want to lose the tinny, empty raspy sounding noise, you simply will have to spend more money on a muffler.

That being said, magnaflows make the M20 sound amazing.
      I'm not boosted, but my exhaust may help you out a little bit. Keep in mind that a Turbo actually calms down exhaust noise and level by QUITE a bit.

Last edited by TurboJake; 07-15-2011, 03:57 PM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

I can't afford the magnaflows.....hmmmm....

Comment

What are the disadvantages of having one straight pipe on the underside like that? Are they bend into different angles to fit into a recession in the underside?
          r3vlimited Lanyard Group Buy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by A_Whelan View Post
            What are the disadvantages of having one straight pipe on the underside like that? Are they bend into different angles to fit into a recession in the underside?
            Because he was too lazy to put the proper bends in. To the OP that looks fucking stupid. Fit that exhaust to the OEM bends and make it look nice.

You will not gain more by having a straight run with such a large piping. He should have bent it to fit. Would have been two more bends that is all.
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I'm going with the turbo mufflers. Should I get offset inlet/outlet pipes? Or centered ones

Comment

Working...
              X