supersprint really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supersprint really?

hi guys, so i ordered a good used supersprint exhaust for my 89 325is, replaced my oem muffler rusted holey one..btw which sounded like a beast!..after installling my new supersprint its sounds so much quieter than my oem and not what i was expecting..also its feel restricted...should i remove my cat? would that give me the sound im lookin for? wanted some deep and throaty..any suggestion would greatly be appreciated....cheers!...

Originally posted by kobe View Post
    hi guys, so i ordered a good used supersprint exhaust for my 89 325is, replaced my oem muffler rusted holey one..btw which sounded like a beast!..after installling my new supersprint its sounds so much quieter than my oem and not what i was expecting..also its feel restricted...should i remove my cat? would that give me the sound im lookin for? wanted some deep and throaty..any suggestion would greatly be appreciated....cheers!...
    Supersprint exhausts aren't known to be crazy loud, they're more of a WOT style of design. Removing the cat will make your car sound raspy... I ditched mine a couple years ago and the car was very "tinny" at high RPM, but it was indeed louder. With my IE exhaust (pretty similar to the Supersprint from what I've heard) and de-cat the car is still raspy, but not broken sounding.

Warning though, the car actually does stink quite a bit without a cat...

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

You can always replace the cat with a
      Magnaflow muffler as a resonator.
      seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
      X