Clear All

Failed Emissions, suggestions

|||||||||||||||| Required - e30
    Nox||||||||||||| 3.25 - 1.65 Passed
    hydrocarbons|||| 2.25 - 5.31
    co ppm -|||||||| 23.74 - 135
    c02 - 600
    >40 mph huge spike for hydrocarbons

90 325is with m50 w/ vanos. s50 headers to a 2.5" pipe, high flow cat, dynomax muffler. Not aware of the brand of the high flow cat. Bought the car swapped.

I have a check engine code, but I haven't checked what it is yet. Have to get my pedal pumps right, I guess. Maybe o2 sensor?

Any suggestions on how to remedy the problem, judging from the above? Does the spike above 40 mph indicate anything?
    I have graphs and info sheets, just have to scan them. Currently at school.

I would greatly appreciate any help given.
    Thanks for the time

edit:
    Also, I dropped the car off the night before the test was done. So the car was started and literally driven about 10 feet to the garage and tested. Would I have better results if I drove around for a while and then had him test it...or are the numbers way too out of whack for that to even be plausible?
    Last edited by blatant; 09-07-2011, 07:33 PM.

sheet and graph
    Attached Files

Comment

Poor in a bottle of Heet on a 1/4 tank. Drive straight to the emissions, pass with flying colors and then go fill it up to dilute the rest of the tank. Or you can use E85 if you have that available in your area. Just search "Heet pass emissions" in google, it's been done for years and years. Might be enough to squeek through.

Comment

Working...
      X