Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Bands... ive got questions that need answers!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V-Bands... ive got questions that need answers!!!!

As the title states. I need people opinions on v bands. Do they tend to leak? Does anyone know what the reason is behind the big price gap between $25 Godspeed/ebay and $75 dollar Vibrant? Looking to add one possibly two on an exhaust I'm going to have built soon. just so it would be easier to dismantle incase I need the rear section taken off while doing rear suspension; or shits and giggles in general.
    Originally posted by Good & Tight
    It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

I LOVE my Vbands.
    They don't leak.
    They're super easy to take off and put back on, and because they're a quality SS, there's zero rust on them from wisco winters.

Makes dropping my exhaust a 3 minute thing. Not exaggerated.

I'll never go back to welded or the common flange style.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Which v bands did u go with? Ebay? Other? How much did u pay roughly?

Comment

Ebay is fine.
        I'm using them as well in multiple places under high pressure and stuff.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I used Ebay v-bands. They were around $25 each. Just be sure to get stainless flanges. Sometimes they will leak, depending on how you weld them together, as the flange can distort due to the heat of welding.

Don't put too much heat into the weldment, and you should be fine.

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
            Don't put too much heat into the weldment, and you should be fine.
            This right here. People who complain about v-bands leaking welded them wrong.

Comment

Would assembling the vband on both pipes then welding it keep them from fucking up to an extent? To ensure the proper gap between pipes and keep from warpage?

Comment

I used two Vibrant v-bands in the exhaust I just built. I have no experience with the eBay versions, but I was afraid to take the chance on them. The Vibrant units are works of art, they're really nice. The biggest difference between them and the cheap ones is the locating ring on the mating surfaces. The insures they can't go together crooked and helps to seal them together better.

Either way, I'm very pleased with them although they aren't cheap!
                '89 BMW 325is Zinnoberrot / '88 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW GTI 16v Bright Blue Metallic / '91 BMW 325i Black / '91 BMW 325i Sport Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Montana Green / '01 Audi A4 Avant TQM Silver Metallic / '01 VW Jetta GLX VR6 Black

Comment

Working...
                X