What muffler combo? (m30, 3" pipe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What muffler combo? (m30, 3" pipe)

Im wondering what combo of mufflers to run on my upcoming m30 swap. I am thinking about purchasing a spintech street muffler (which will be loud) and was thinking about another muffler before or after this. Im looking for something that I can definitely hear and sounds good but not near as quiet as stock. The car currently has a stock m20, stock duals, catless, into a flowmaster 40 series. The car is loud and I like it but something a little quieter would be nice for cruising and with passengers.

Would a spintech with another 'loud' straight through muffler still be real loud? As i thought about using the spintech with the current 40 series but dont know if that will be any quieter.
    Last edited by tfritz; 02-07-2012, 11:58 AM.

Where are the exhaust gurus!?

Comment

Yo dawg , i hurd you should check out vibrant mufflers.
      1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
      1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
      1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
      1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

You are going turbo with that 3" pipe right? If not, then 2 1/2" is probabaly better.
        Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

I plan on going turbo down the road, so yes, that is the reason for 3"

Comment

Need some input guys!
            Last edited by tfritz; 02-07-2012, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Nobody?? I guess my main question is, will two 'loud' mufflers be mediocre? I love my car with the straight pipes and flowmaster, but I would like to be able to carry on a conversation without almost yelling, yet still have a decent tone...Also is 3'' really to big? Im pretty sure my brothers car (that this motor came from) was running dual 2 1/4''....

Comment

I purchased a dynomax super turbo hoping that it would be quiet enough but, its not.... Any ideas on how to quiet it down more or what muffler to use with the dynomax? I want a little tone but not to loud..

Comment

My Dynamax VT is going in today. I'll let you know how it is once it gets some hours on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X