Single or dual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single or dual?

I just picked up my very first e30.. A 1987 325is the previous owner ran this car down to hell (well half way) now I'm working to get it back up and running for my dd...well back to my question the exhaust is completely done the cat has holes along w the muffler do to rust. I found a good deal on a xl magnaflow muffler w dual out only. It has single 2.5 piping I was wondering If I can run single headers w single out and add a single in and out cat for this exhaust or what should I do?? Wait and keep it stock untill I came a cross a stock muffler? Ideas,comments & tips welcome Thanks for looking

you can use a single setup if you want, 325e cars use a single exhaust so if you use parts from them with that muffler you can make it work
    Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
    Bimmerbuddies LLC
    717-388-1256
    2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
    bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Yeah I ended up getting a 86 cat. Now I just need to install. But since I wasn't ask to smog the car by the DMV to register I'm going to focus on more important stuff (timing belt & water pump) tune up And getting it running like a champ

Comment

1 pipe for every cylinder, run to their own muffler. It's the only way
        85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Originally posted by Hey_You View Post
          1 pipe for every cylinder, run to their own muffler. It's the only way
          That would actually be worse than an equal length header with a collector.
          '87 325is - Schwarz/Schwarz

Comment

Not if you run three pipes out from behind the front wheels..ha!
            NASA
            BMWCCA member
            PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
            1997 M3 sedan
            2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

Originally posted by Komzorz View Post
              That would actually be worse than an equal length header with a collector.
              Not if you only kept it above 5500 rpm! Would probably sound amazing
              85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Working...
              X