Loose Cat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loose Cat...

Was under the car to do CSB the other day when I found that my cat is loose on both sides of the connection.. I'm guessing this is not normal?
    Different strokes for different folks.

Not really unless the last person didnt tighten the bolts all the way. Guessing you did though, right?

Comment

this may help:

But no lose exhaust is not normal. Do you still have the OEM style cat?
      sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
      The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Cat looks OEM, and I don't remember seeing any bolts to tighten the cat down? From what I remember seeing, it appeared the cat was at some point snug around the pipes leading to it, and became dislodged (parts of exhaust are pretty scraped up).

How do you think it would be affecting performance?

I've heard it rattle before and thought it was just my exhaust tip again the car, but now I realize my cat is rattling during hard usage sometimes.

Anyone have experience with the cheap 70$ aftermarket cats?

Comment

Is it just that cover that goes around it? Take it to a muffler shop to have some spot welds done.

Comment

That is definitely a possibility.

Does anyone know the inlet/outlet size on the stock cat? I know our system is 2.25" and I found a nice Magnaflow aftermarket cat that says it fits a 1991 318is, however the inlet and out are 2"

Comment

Working...
            X