Stock exhaust too loud (not kidding)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock exhaust too loud (not kidding)

Well it's not TOTALLY stock, I have long-tube headers installed. But the exhaust note has become uncomfortably loud (read obnoxious), in spite of the fact that I'm running a stock resonator and a stock rear silencer. Any ideas on how to calm it down? Is there space down there for a second resonator perhaps?

Any ideas are welcome.
    This is your M20 on steroids:

trade me motors...you won't notice the exhaust anymore.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Problem is the headers. Mine make all kinds of noises.

Thin, long tube headers so this.

There are reasons why BMW's come with thick ass cast iron manifolds from the factory.

People wouldn't buy these cars new like how alot of us have modified them. Better to us... but complete shit to alot.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

so give mr the headers, i will gladly send you some stock manifolds!
        really though, i never had that problem with my old hartge headers. check your muffler, may be blown out.

Comment

you could put a turbo on it, that will quiet it down. and another muffler will too, put two small round mufflers in line to your muffler.

jordan who's the chubby girl in your sig i would have expected more from you!

Comment

Originally posted by ptownTSI
            you could put a turbo on it, that will quiet it down. and another muffler will too, put two small round mufflers in line to your muffler.

jordan who's the chubby girl in your sig i would have expected more from you!
            chubby? what, you into that anorexic skinny look? girls need MEAT on their fucking bones. That girl is slammin.

Anyways.

Headers rule - there's a guy that met at my place for GTG that had Bav headers, sounded awesome. I want some.

Comment

Installing a turbo to mainly quiet down an exhaust not LOL that'll be the day....

Even if I were to entertain that thought, I'd have to open up the engine again and change pistons/maybe rods too, because my compression is too high for turboing. So no thx.

Oh, and the girl on Jordan's sig: Seriously Hot.
              Nice new Sig Jordo.

Comment

well being that my girlfriend is 5'10-11 and 120lbs i'm going to go with i like the skinny girls better!

Comment

i cant stand fat girls...heres a pic of my gf i borrowed from some modeling site.

Comment

well being that my girlfriend is 5'10-11 and 120lbs i'm going to go with i like the skinny girls better!
                    i cant stand fat girls...
                    Now that you've made your irrelevant point crystal clear, can we get back on topic? What makes you think that posting a chick on an exhaust thread is normal?

Comment

Originally posted by MrK
                      Now that you've made your irrelevant point crystal clear, can we get back on topic? What makes you think that posting a chick on an exhaust thread is normal?
                      :rofl:

Priceless.

Comment

Check for exhaust leaks, or a rusted out muffler. Putting a header on an otherwise stock exhaust system will have a very minimal impact on noise levels.

Also, I like how you "borrowed a pic of your girlfriend from a modeling site"... riiight. Plus, there's no way in hell that girl weighs 100lbs, much less 120.

Comment

i get sidetracked easily and it was the first time i saw jordans updated sig with that girl in it. you dont have to believe thats my girlfriend, or that she weighs 120lbs... but why would i make that up.
                          Last edited by ptownTSI; 03-12-2006, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Its the headers. Ive heard the same car Scotty's talking about. Its loud he reolaced the stocker last fall. I think it sounds badass.
                            Back to my roots

Comment

i cant stand fat girls...heres a pic of my gf i borrowed from some modeling site.

Holy shit I would break her in half doggystyle... Get some meat on them bones.

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X