Muffler Questions?!?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muffler Questions?!?!?!?!

I just recently purchased a muffler and after I received the muffler I realized that the stock exhaust on my 90' 325is has dual pipes all the way back to the rear muffler. The muffler I purchased has only one 2.5" inlet to it. I called around to some local muffler chops and one said that they could do it for like $90 and the other said that they dont know if they could do it because "BMW's are weird" and I asked what he ment and he said that most bimmers you have to either keep the stock exhaust or get an entire exhaust system. So here are the questions:

First, is $90 too much for the work that needs to be done?(like a y-pipe to the inlet of the muffler and removing and installing the new one)

And second, can you do it or is the guy I called trying to scam me into buying a whole exhaust system?

thanks
    Abigballafb76
    Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
    Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

it can be done, alot of people do it you just need a Y pipe, as for 90 bucks i dont know someone else can chime in
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC
      it can be done, alot of people do it you just need a Y pipe, as for 90 bucks i dont know someone else can chime in
      hey thanks man, now all i need is to see if 90 bucks is reasonable
      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!

Comment

i put my muffler on using some U-bolts and that seems to work fine, no leaks or anything, u might b able to do the same and save yourself some money. i used u-bolts cause im uber poor and cant afford $90 to have a muffler installed. just my 2 cents, hope it helps some. pep boys sells u-bolts for installing mufflers btw if u wanted to do that.
        AWII 1991 318is - Sold
        Schwarz 1988 325is - Sold
        Schwarz 1991 325i - Driven

Comment

so, any more suggestions on what i should do or at least an answer?

Comment

Your Answer

I would shell out the 90 bones.

Also take a good hard look at your screen name. If $90.00 gets you this bunched up, may try:

NoBalla
            TinyBalla
            CheepFucker

You get my drift.
            88 325is FOR SALE
            89 325i FOR SALE
            95 LR Disco
            98 Volvo V70XC -FS!
            25' of oil-stained driveway
            Travel Kit:
            M4, FS 92, Mk19, 998

Comment

mind blowing: no one here has taken 'CheepFucker'

Comment

isnt it "CheapFucker"?

Unlimited Slip Diff's FTW!
                1972 240z Drift,Scca BSP, Scca ITS Car.

Comment

thats is gonna restrict air flow

Comment

Originally posted by BMW2ner
                    thats is gonna restrict air flow
                    i dont know about that. 2.5 inch single pipe can support up to around 256hp until it becomes a restriction.

Comment

Working...
                    X