Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Remus vs Stromung (wont fit!) thread (POLL!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Remus vs Stromung (wont fit!) thread (POLL!)

This will be going on a stock, imported Mtech 2 car.

so here are the two candidates:
    Stromung
    Youtube of stromung

Remus
    Youtube of Remus

First of all, the stromung is cheaper, but i KNOW that it will not fit the mtech2 rear bumper, instead you get this:

I must admit, i like the tips better on the stromung.

Now, i am wondering if anyone has any idea what it would cost to modify an exhaust to fit this apron? I know people have done it, but not sure how realistic it is. Cutting the apron is not an option here...

What do you guys think? Which exhaust would you choose? Cheaper stromung plus modification cost? or More expensive Remus.

Money isnt the main issue, its sound. I want it to be noticeable, but not obnoxiously loud.
    Remus system
    0.00%
    Modified Stromung system
    100.00%
    Last edited by Luke318is; 10-15-2014, 04:41 PM.

Sig Pic Outdated

Stromung, modify and be happy. I still get a smile on my face at WOT with my stromung to this day.
    Originally posted by csermonet47
    Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by blck325is View Post
      Stromung, modify and be happy. I still get a smile on my face at WOT with my stromung to this day.
      what do you think a muffler shop will charge to modify it?

HERE is a guy who has done the modifications, i will try to get hold of him.

Sig Pic Outdated

Comment

I have a stromung on my M3 and had a Remus on my mtech II cabby and I preferred the Remus. Has a nice deep sound, no drone, and a great burble when you lift off throttle. I wish they made one for the M3.
        The stromung is more raspy (remember its a 4 cyl) and it has gotten louder as its aged.
        Originally posted by codyep3
        I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
        2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
        1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
        1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
        2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
        2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
        2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
        2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
        2010 F650gs twin
        2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

You used to be able to order a Stromung with angled tips...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
            I have a stromung on my M3 and had a Remus on my mtech II cabby and I preferred the Remus. Has a nice deep sound, no drone, and a great burble when you lift off throttle. I wish they made one for the M3.
            The stromung is more raspy (remember its a 4 cyl) and it has gotten louder as its aged.
            a vote of confidence for remus, awesome, its always been what i wanted, but recently found out about Stromung...

Ive heard Remus is too close to stock, do you find this to be true at all?

Sig Pic Outdated

Comment

To be honest, I don't think anyone I know runs a stock exhaust, so I cannot be certain.
              That said, if stock sounded like a Remus I would be very surprised.

The Remus in my cab tested louder then my stromung'd M3 on a decibel meter, but it's a deeper, softer loud. It sets off car alarms in every parkade I entered, yet i could easily hold a conversation with the top down while cruising on the highway. It would howl nicely at wot though.

I guess it depends on if you have grown up yet. Did you like the subtleties in life, or do you want everyone to look at you the moment you walk through the door?

Maybe PM e30topdown and see if he has a sound clip. He is the owner of the car now.
              Originally posted by codyep3
              I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
              2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
              1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
              1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
              2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
              2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
              2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
              2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
              2010 F650gs twin
              2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Maybe PM e30topdown and see if he has a sound clip. He is the owner of the car now.

Ahh ok, yeah, i saw you guys talking back and forth in someone else's remus thread lol

Thanks for all the advice man, remus really does sound like what i want. i just didnt want it to be TOO quiet, know what i mean?

Sig Pic Outdated

Comment

I just installed a Stromung on my M42. I am very happy with it. Not sure I would call it raspy. Its not throaty. But remember mine is a 4 banger. Its only going to be so deep. All said I really like it. Would do it again.

I would say give Scott at Stromung a call. They might consider a "custom" tip. Who knows, maybe there is group buy out there.

Comment

i suppose for a bit more money, i could get magnaflow, conforti chip, and headers....

Sig Pic Outdated

Comment

I guess it depends on if you have grown up yet. Did you like the subtleties in life, or do you want everyone to look at you the moment you walk through the door?

Lol - I have this kind of relationship with my current 2.5 inch exhaust. It drives me nuts in my late 30s, yet I know I would have loved it when I was 20 & actually had an exhaust that was much louder on my M10 powered e21 back then.

When I grumble about it, most of my friends say it's not THAT loud (although I do set car alarms off in the underground car park at work, which given my job is totally inappropriate)! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
                      X