What's a good exhaust for a daily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a good exhaust for a daily?

Info on the motor: M20 with light work- Miller Maf and 19lb injectors, slightly port matched exhaust manifold to Y to 2.5 single to a resonator to Magnaflow. Exhaust sounds good as it is, but it's too loud for my preference, and all to raspy at high r3vs. What's a better muffler for a daily? Something quieter but still with a euro growl?
    Originally Posted by Exodus
    He also kept asking why someone local didn't just go to the guys house and break his kneecaps, as they would do in Romania. He couldn't understand how us Americans are so laid back about shit like this.

Ansa, Remus, Stromung, possibly an eBay china "replacement" or IE's exhaust.
    Any of the ones that look bolt on with the same size canister as stock will sound quiet good.

If you're going to use something like a Magnaflow I recommend ditching the res and putting another muffler in it's replacement.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I was really looking at IE's, any expierence with it?
      He also kept asking why someone local didn't just go to the guys house and break his kneecaps, as they would do in Romania. He couldn't understand how us Americans are so laid back about shit like this.

Comment

I have the IE exhaust on my 2.7is now and its a perfect daily exhaust. I actually plan on ditching it for a Stromung here in a month because Im looking for something louder. The IE exhaust makes for a great daily muffler because below ~3500 it is stock quiet but past ~4k it opens up and sounds pretty damn good imo; not ridiculously loud but very open and makes the engine roar haha. At idle, its not much louder than stock but it does sound throatier.
        1986 325
        1988 325is 2.7 Stroker

Comment

Thanks. Only issue is need to find one that would accept a single 2.5 inch. Two Y's couldn't be good for back pressure.

Comment

has anyone tried the headers they offer.. they are really inexpensive

Comment

Working...
            X