Anyone tried the ebay exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried the ebay exhaust?

Found this when searching for Miata exhausts - they have a pretty good reputation on the Miata forums. Anybody have experience with this? My muffler's rusted where the pipe enters, so it's a matter of time before I have to do something.

This looks like a great deal if it isn't too loud - I commute 23 miles each way to work at 70-75 mph, so I don't want much droning. Any experience with this, especially related to volume, would be much appreciated.

Linky:

I believe that is the one that came on my car, only with DTM tips.

Loud as fuck, especially with a high-flow cat. Sounds awesome, nasty as hell. Screaming through a tunnel at 6K is really impressive. Definatlely does NOT sound like a Honda.

Unfortunately, seems to be getting louder.

Can't wait to get that POS off of my car, but I bet with a stock cat it would be fine. I am gonna do a Walker "UltraFlow" next time.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

just get a dynomax or something. Thats deff not worth 300ish
      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

I believe that is the Ireland Engineering Muffler....

Comment

Originally posted by dlmpsy View Post
          I believe that is the Ireland Engineering Muffler....
          It couldn't be the IE muffler, Luke said it was loud as fuck.

IE muffler is right next to stock, on noise.
          R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

luke also said he thinks its like the one that came on his car.

it looks just like my IE muffler
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
              luke also said he thinks its like the one that came on his car.

it looks just like my IE muffler
              It looks just like my IE muffler too. But loud is more than just an overstatement.
              R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

yes but my main word there (should have bolded) was thinks
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I've been looking into this exhaust for a little while. I've heard it's made from a bigger name brand company. It's bang for buck though.

I've always just had custom setups done on my car, but the shop was exceptional. That's not always the case with muffler shops.
                  hellaflush x driftunit

Comment

It sure looks the same as the IE setup. I think it must be the same. Even many of the ebay wheels are for sale through IE.
                    '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X