Full Exhaust System Replacement I’m Considering – Feedback Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Exhaust System Replacement I’m Considering – Feedback Please

My goals are 1) to replace the rusting center cat section, 2) achieve a little more flow, 3) maintain a reasonable noise level, 4) have a nice looking, full system replacement bolt-on exhaust.

I’ve got a full custom setup on my Mcoupe, which even then was less than what most places charge for a quality catback-only system only for the MZ3, so this fully bolt-on system seems like a reasonable deal.

BavAuto Long Tube Headers, $600 + BavAuto Scorpion Muffler with Ansa Midpipe, $450

I have confirmation from BavAuto that the Ansa midpipe mates to their headers.

I will have the Ansa midpipe and the muffler [not the tips] also coated, I guess with the same JetHot Sterling finish to remain consistent, although my first choice would be Swaintech – but its certainly not worth stripping the headers for it.

BavAuto Long Tube Headers, $600
    Our performance headers optimize exhaust flow so your BMW can produce more power. Bavarian Autosport high performance headers are given a proprietary Sterling¨ coating. This coating allows higher exhaust gas velocity, reduces temperatures in the engine compartment and provides greater corrosion resistance than ordinary ceramic coatings. Keeps headers looking new for years and protects against thermal fatigue. Our headers are designed to bolt directly to your engine and stock or aftermarket exhaust systems. For off-road use only. This header is for cars with manual transmissions only.

BavAuto Scorpion Muffler with Ansa Midpipe, $450
    From England, Scorpion stainless steel performance exhaust systems have been sought after by tuners the world over. Now these free-flow, stainless steel systems are available in the U.S. from Bavarian Autosport! They have been engineered to deliver a horsepower boost yet not be quite as loud as other free-flow systems. And they're built to last using the best 304 stainless steel. - TUV certified. - This system includes an Ansa painted steel center pipe and the Stainless Scorpion rear muffler.

>>> My E30 For Sale <<< ||| My MCoupe For Sale ||| Miscellaneous Items FS ||| *E30* Items FS |||

It will undoubtedly sound damn good

Comment

i have bavauto headers and test pipes also an ansa muffler but it is way to raspy for me .let me know how the scorpion sounds.

Comment

I actually just did The same thing to my car. I didnt use all the same components though. Heres what I did.

Bavarian Auto Headers
        Y Pipe Into Magnaflow High Flow cat (single out)
        2.25 Piping out of cat into Magnaflow 14815 Muffler.

The car is now a blast to drive! Extremely responsive. The sound is beautiful. sounds kinda like a VR6 or an e46 M3 to me but its not raspy. The headers come alive at around 4000 RPM. My car just screams and flies after that!

Overall its a great setup. Going with magnaflow may save you some money and its not a bad exhaust system at all! Tons of guys are using that muffler/Setup.

Comment

sounds like a good setup. just beware with the scorpion muffler. when I got mine it came with completely messed up hangars and I have seen other people having the same problem. its a great muffler, but fitment is sometimes off.
          PNW CREW

1990 325is
          Scorpion exhaust
          K&N intake with signature motoring heat shield
          H&R race with bilstien sports
          D-Force wheels/Hankook Ventus RS-2's

Comment

Originally posted by e30drop View Post
            I actually just did The same thing to my car. I didnt use all the same components though. Heres what I did.

Bavarian Auto Headers
            Y Pipe Into Magnaflow High Flow cat (single out)
            2.25 Piping out of cat into Magnaflow 14815 Muffler.

The car is now a blast to drive! Extremely responsive. The sound is beautiful. sounds kinda like a VR6 or an e46 M3 to me but its not raspy. The headers come alive at around 4000 RPM. My car just screams and flies after that!

Overall its a great setup. Going with magnaflow may save you some money and its not a bad exhaust system at all! Tons of guys are using that muffler/Setup.
            Yep that's what I'm running, sounds good and if you use a nice Y pipe not one of the cheap bent ones then you should be set.

'88 325iX -Totaled
            '97 M3 - Sold
            '85 euro e30 Pete McHenry 2.8L m20 Stroker - Parting out
            '89 325is - Sold
            '95 540i 6spd
            '87 325is M Technic I s50

Comment

Working...
            X